"Siri!" She laughed and started walking my way, arms outstretched as if she wanted a hug. Something was up. For starters, she never calls me Siri anymore and she never gives me hugs for no reason.

"Vixen?" I chuckled tensely and stood up from the couch. Lexi flung herself on me, stumbling as she did so. "What are you doing sneaking around late at night? Where have you been? Were you with Robert?"

"I was in the cellars of the Hog's Head silly!" Lexi slurred, clutching my shoulders for support. Suddenly, I smelled the strong scent of firewhisky on her breath. Lexi is completely drunk.

"Lexi, what are you doing?" I held her by the waist firmly as she started to swoon into me. Lexi never drinks, I don't think she ever has.

"I just wanted to forget it all." She whispered, pulling me closer and breathing softly near my ear, her lips grazing my cheek. Her touch made my heart start pounding, ringing in my ears. Robert is going to kill me.

"Lexi..." I warned as she wrapped her hands around my neck, tilting my lips towards hers. Realizing just how horrible it would be if she cheated on Robert, I softy pushed her away so she wouldn't stumble again. "Lexi, I'm going to wake up Robert and he can take care of you."

"No..." She moaned and pulled me closer again. For the first time since I've known her, I actually saw tears forming in her beautiful blue eyes. She's always so strong...

"Lexi... What's wrong? What did he do to you?" I growled, realizing Robert had to have done something to her. Nobody was going to hurt Lexi if I could do anything about it.

A few tears dripped down her porcelain cheek and I wiped them away for her, staring into those amazing eyes. My heart wrenched and hammered as they continued to fill with tears- I hate crying. And it killed me even more that it was Lexi crying.

"It doesn't matter." She sniffed, pulling herself together and wrapping her arms tightly around me. She slowly pulled my head towards hers again, like she was trying to kiss me. "I just want to forget it all..."

"Lexi..." I warned again as she continued pulling me closer. My heart continued to pound and my stomach churned with worry as her lips were merely centimeters from mine... Millimeters...

The anticipation was too much to bear and I crashed my lips against hers. Her hands found their way into my hair as she deepened the feverish kiss, my own hands drifting across her back. I was finally kissing Lexi Stryker! After all the times I'd wondered what it would be like, just to kiss my beautiful best friend who was assumed off limits by any of the Marauders, and it was amazing.

Damn, she was good at it, the way she moved her soft lips against mine in a passionate way. One of her hands left the tangle of my hair and started to reach under my shirt, making me shiver and burn as her cold hands touched my bare skin. I've kissed many girls, but kissing Lexi was different- dangerous. For a split second, it made me wonder how often she kissed Robert like this... But that was before she slipped her tongue in my mouth, taking control and making me lose my mind.

Suddenly, I tasted the sharp taste of firewhisky, and I realized just how wrong this all was. Lexi is drunk, she has a boyfriend, and I am only her best friend. Gently, I pushed her away, aching for the feeling of her lips on my own as soon as I did it.

"Siri!" Lexi groaned and tried to pull me closer again. Reluctantly, I held her at arms length, not wanting to hurt her any more than I already had. "Can you just sit still so I can make out with you?!"

"Lexi... You're drunk, and you have a boyfriend who will kill me if he finds out about this. You probably won't even remember this in the morning." I sighed and helped her to sit down on the couch. Hopefully she won't remember it... Everything between us could be ruined because of this one stupid kiss. One stupid, perfect kiss.

"I don't have a boyfriend." She insisted. "If he wants to kiss other girls, I can kiss other guys."

Then, it hit me. James, Remus, Peter, and I knew Robert was always sneaking around with Brenda... She finally found out, Robert cheated on Lexi and she tried to drink away her pain... But this didn't really seem like the time to say 'I told you so' about Robert being an arse... I was probably her form of revenge on Robert, but I didn't have a problem with that.

"Lexi... Listen to me." I whispered and pushed a stray lock of her black hair out of her face. "You wouldn't kiss me if you were sober. You wouldn't be doing this if you actually knew what you were doing!"

"Here's the thing. I know I would. And I know you want to too." Lexi whispered and tried to pull me closer again. You don't even know how hard it was to resist her. When pretty girls throw themselves at me, I would usually give in in a heartbeat. But this was Lexi we're talking about.

"You're just so damn hot!" Lexi whispered as she tangled her fingers in my hair, making me chuckle.

"I know." I joked, making her roll her eyes, the only action of a sober Lexi that I saw all night. "But Lexi? Just try to sleep on it now, and if you still want to kiss me in the morning, I'll gladly oblige."

"But I don't want to sleep! I want to stay up all night with you!" Lexi protested and proceeded to try and kiss me again. Instead, I wiggled out of her hold and sat beside her like a friend would, and nothing more.

"In the morning." I said forcefully, admiring the cute way she stared at me in absolute confusion that I told her no. With a slight nod, she leaned into me, her sweet smelling perfume with the sharp smell of firewhisky filling my nose. Robert is stupid. Absolutely stupid for letting this girl with diamond eyes and the best personality slip through his fingers. I'm going to kill him for making her cry.

For a while, by the light of the dying embers, I stared at her, the way her dark curls fell across her cheek and on my chest. Her pink lips parted slightly as she started to fall asleep, kissable lips... Guilt hit me like I was smacked with the whomping willow. Our friendship could be over- over my stupidity. Lexi better be one to not remember what happened when she was drunk... Still, I stared at her, playing with a piece of her hair and my other arm, with a mind of its own, wrapping around her protectively.

What a beautiful mess I'm in.