Chapter 59

Lexi P.O.V.

Carefully, I studied the book on dark magic Dumbledore allowed me to borrow. I managed to convince him I needed it to understand more about Death Eaters, when in reality, I just wanted a good spell to hex Spies with if I ever got the chance. Much to my delightful surprise, I had permission from the Order to hex her if I had solid proof she was a Death Eater so I could turn her in.

Sirius was tipping his head on my shoulder, reading along instead of working on an assignment for our N.E.W.T.-level potions class. Everybody else already went to bed and we were the only two left in the Gryffindor common room. My foot bumped up and down more out of boredom than nervousness against Sirius' knee and he kept tapping the beat of songs with his quill against his parchment.

"Too easy, Padfoot! Dream On, Aerosmith." I named the song for what seemed like the fiftieth time. Sirius nodded approvingly.

"You're too good." Sirius admitted. "It's getting late, should we turn in?"

"No!" I whined and closed my book, leaning over so I was laying on Sirius' lap. "We don't have classes tomorrow. Play a quick game of chess?"

"You know you'd lose!" Sirius scoffed. His hand started twisting a curly piece of my hair. He smiled down at me, his long hair falling over his sparkling grey eyes. My stomach twisted in knots.

"So chess?" I blurted. Sirius chuckled and continued to play with my hair.

"Not tonight, Vix. Tomorrow will be a busy day." Sirius explained. I groaned in dismay and lifted my head off his lap. "Tomorrow's the first Hogsmeade visit. Do you want to go with me? Prongs, Moony, and Wormy are all busy."

"Yeah, of course." I nodded, standing up from the couch with Sirius' help and slowly dragging my feet on the soft carpet as I walked over to the stairs. "Did they all have dates or something?"

"Wormy? Are you kidding?" Sirius scoffed. "I asked them all to go and they all said they were busy. Perhaps Prongs and Moony have dates, but I wouldn't be surprised if Wormy is going to spend the day writing his mum."

"Alright, I'll spend the day with you because no one else wanted to..." I sighed and tottered on the edge of the first step of the stairs. "It's quite the chore, you know, putting up with you all day."

Sirius just pleasantly laughed after me as I skipped up the stairs and into my dormitory, immediately falling into a dreamy sleep as soon as my head hit my pillow.

<<>><<>><<>>

My black boots splashed in all of the puddles on the rocky path down to Hogsmeade. Sirius kept complaining each time I jumped in a large puddle and sprayed him with a shower of rainwater. But I didn't care. I started to love childishly jumping in each of the puddles just to annoy him.

"Where to first? Zonko's?" I asked happily, holding up my hands to shield my eyes from the rain as it began to drizzle again. We skirted around multiple couples huddled outside Madam Puddifoot's, holding hands and giggling like hyenas. Sirius' hand was continually brushing against my as we walked down the cobblestone path, and I considered grabbing it and mocking the annoying couples in an exaggerated way.

"You read my mind." Sirius laughed and held open the door of the joke shop for me.

We spent what felt like minutes but was probably a good two hours zipping around the shop, checking out new items. Some of the other students who were visiting the joke shop would run the other direction as soon as one of us picked up a dung bomb, afraid we would set it off in the shop as some sort of joke. I loved the reputation we had for causing trouble with a few dung bombs or fireworks.