Just before six o'clock, when the dinner begins, Cassi and Jenna trample into the house, each carrying two grocery bags full of  the games.  At most team dinners, the kids just eat and then go home.  But Cassi insists that we play team bonding games and crap like that.  I don't say anything to them as they scurry into the basement, barely able to hide their impish grins.  They're up to something, but I don't really care to ask what.

            The first kid shows up at 5:50, and the rest rush in like an avalanche after that.  Soon, our counter is overflowing with fruit salad and fresh bread and chocolate milk.  My mom comes down from her room long enough to greet all of our guests and to start off the buffet line.  With a meager plate of noodles and chips, Mom creeps back upstairs.  Apparently, she has a killer headache, which means we won't be seeing much of her until tomorrow.

            "Alright, who's ready for some games?" asks Cassi, clapping her hands together.  Most of the kids are lounged around the kitchen, nibbling on a browning or joking around with someone else.  My eyes have pretty much been glued to the back of Elliot's head since he got here.

            "I am!" shouts one of the senior guys.  He practically bowls Cassi over on his race down the stairs. 

            We all trail after him, me much less enthusiastic than the rest.  Knowing Cassi, she probably has some ridiculously embarrassing game planned out.  I'd be much better off just hiding in my room.  If only I'd thought of that before trapping myself in the crowded basement.  My eyes immediately fall upon the game centered in the room's basement.  It's much worse than I imagined.

            "Spin the bottle?" asks a freshman girl.  Her eyes are about the size of dinner plates.

            "Don't worry, it's not regular spin the bottle."  Cassi pushes through the crowd and sits before the glass bottle.  "It's truth or dare spin the bottle.  You don't have to kiss anyone if you pick truth.

            I can feel my face growing pale as I inch toward the heinous bottle.  I can't decide which would be the worst: kissing someone on the team, chickening out and risking truth, or just screwing it all and running up to my bedroom.  The last one would be too shameful, but the other two are almost as horrifying.  There's no way I'm kissing anyone in front of a cluster of my  teammates.

            "Who wants to go first?" asks Cassi as we all crowd into a sloppy circle. 

            My heart pounds as one person goes after another.  So far, three girls have kissed Elliot, and each time I had to look away.  At least none of the girls were Cassi.  In total, seven people have chosen to kiss and five have picked truth.  Now that I've heard some of the horribly awkward questions, I feel like kissing may be the less embarrassing way to go. 

            "Alright, truth or dare?" asks Jenna when it comes to Alex.  Her eyes are glowing in the dim lighting, almost like a snake's.

            "Dare," says Alex with an assured nod.

            "Kiss Finn." Jenna's words make my heart drop into my gut.

            Everyone's gaze snaps to my face.  I can feel my cheeks darkening, but I can't make myself talk.  There's two options for me now: tap out or kiss him.  If I skip out on kissing him, I have to answer two 'truth' questions.  Plus, it'd probably hurt his feelings.  But I really, really don't want to kiss him.

            I realize I've been taking way too long to come up with my answer. 

            Cassi notices my hesitation and swoops in to save the day.  "Jenna, don't pick Finn.  You know she's never kissed anyone."