Chapter 77

Naomi's POV

"I'll be fine," I told Cynthia.

"The twins are asleep and Casey is with Chase," she said.

"Cynthia, I got this," I said and she left. Thunder rumbled and I jumped, I looked out the window and lightning lit up the dark sky. I started cooking some fried bologna, suddenly it went dark. "Shit." I walked out and something hit my head, I fell on the floor and darkness surrounded me.

~

I blinked a couple times and I saw I was still in the dark. I tried to move but my hands were bound together. I looked around and I noticed I was in my food closet. I crawled to the door and opened it, I crawled out but I didn't heard anything. I crawled and I got up and ran quietly. I went upstairs to my room and to my bathroom.

I looked around and got my scissors, I started cutting through the thick ropes.

"Fuck!" Someone yelled, I panicked and I went faster. If came undone and I ran out, I went to the twins room and locked the door slamming it. I ran down the hall and slammed another door. I went into a mini closet and ducked down. Someone walked past and I waited, I walked out and they turned to me. I ran and something tangled my legs and I tripped. I tried to grabbed the railing but I started falling down the stairs.

I landed on the bottom and I groaned, my vision wasn't focused but a man was coming down the stairs. He kicked my stomach and I coughed, he grabbed my hair and punched me. I heard Parker let out a loud cry and he stopped. He smirked evilly and started up the stairs.

I got up and I used all my strength to jump on his back.

"Don't touch them," I spat and he fell back. I started to run but he grabbed my ankle. I kicked his face and he growled. Damn dog.

I jumped over him and I ran to grabbed anything, but I couldn't see in the dark. They grabbed me and I struggled.

"No!" I screamed and elbowed and threw him. I grabbed the rug and pulled it making him fall backwards.

"Shit," he hissed. I went to run but ran smacked into someone else. Make that three someone else's.

"Oh shit," I mumbled and they grabbed me. "Come on, my kids are upstairs."

"Yeah, Sadie and I had fun," he said, I kicked his nose.

"If you touched my kid, I swear to god I'll-"

"You'll what?" He spat. "Kill me?"

"Don't test me," I hissed, he punched me and I breathed in a sharp breath.

"Bring her in," he said and I saw them bring in Aubrey. They sat her on the couch. "This is how you take care of business baby." He punched me again.

"Come on, beat me but don't let her see this," I said. "She's a kid."

"She needs to learn if she's gonna grow up on the Mafia," he said.

"What would Jace do?" I asked.

"Jace would support it," I heard a voice and I looked at Jace. "God Hensley. Jake and Jace, did it never fucking click to your fucking head?"

"What?" I asked.

"You're so gullible, anybody would be able to see that," he said. "I'm Westside for god sakes and you still fell for it."

"Jace, if he told you something-" he laughed and got in my face.

"You actually believed I cared about you?" He asked and looked me up and down. "I picked you, my dad didn't force me." He touched my busted lip and I hissed. "Aubrey, go in the kitchen, daddy has some work to do."