Chapter 3: Back to Humanity

Mulai dari awal

"Don't you EVER speak about her!" She then starts punching me. I fall to the ground as she is pulled away by Peter. 

I start laughing and look up at her, "Feel the sadness yet?"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Those annoying Slavatores and the pack have left me here, for days, stuck with Peter. All he has been doing is trying to make me turn. If my heartbeat goes up, or I feel something, I will turn. 

As I listen to him, I start thinking of all the ways I could kill him.

"It's working?" He whispers.

"Nope, just getting a little excited by all the possibilities I have."

"To do what?" He asks smirking.

"How I could kill you." I say, smiling. "Why do you want to turn my emotions back on? They suck."

"I like you like this. Derek and Scott, not so much."

"How do you know that I won't flip the switch again."

"What do you mean?"

"I can hear Stefan and Damon. They said that when a vampire flips their switch back on, their feelings overwhelm them." I look at Peter. "All that guilt, and sadness. All of that emotion will come crashing into me like a tidal wave. How many people do you think I killed? How much guilt do you think I am holding onto?" I go back to staring straight forward. "How do you know I won't turn it off again?"

"We won't let you." I look at the doorway to see Derek.

"Like you could." I then hear my stomach growl.

"Hungry?" Peter asks. "All you have to do is ask."

"Nope, I'm fine. If you are offering some of that turkey sandwich though, I would gladly eat that, and you." I then hear Stefan talking to Caroline. "UCH!" I slam my head against the wall.

"What?" Peter asks.

"The neurotic control freak--"

"Is here!" Caroline says, jumping into the room. "Hello Izzy."

"Hello Caroline. How's Elena? Desiccating yet?"

"Your sister... You do know she turned it back on, right?"

"No she didn't Caroline. I can hear everything that goes on in this house, and I can hear your heart."

"Fine, but she's almost there."

"I have an idea," I say, struggling to stand up. "Maybe to keep Elena as herself, I could do this." I lunge at her, tearing off a piece of the wood, attached to the bed. Stefan runs in and yanks me off of her. "To bad, I would have put you and your mom out of your misery." She looks shocked, "Yep, that's right. I heard Elena. Must have been hard when you snapped her neck." I say, smirking. I then feel a prick on my neck and see Stefan holding a needle. I feel the wolfsbane going through my system. I fall through his grip and pass out.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wake up to hear Elena screaming. I get a fleeting feeling of protectiveness and fear for her, but it goes away. 

"I heard that." Peter sings. "You were afraid for your only family left."

I then get an amazing idea. "Shut up!" I growl.

Elena starts screaming again, and I tense up. I know Peter thinks it's working, because he stands up from his chair. I start to breath harder, as I make tears come to my eyes.