1

January 7
5:14 p.m

"Hi," I lightly smile and sit down across from Ryan, "why'd you wanna meet up?"

"Because I have some important things to tell you. And when I tell you, you have to promise you won't freak out, okay?"

I hesitantly nod my head and take a sip of my water.

I still haven't signed the divorce papers that I told Jason I would sign when he left yesterday. I just can't bring myself to do it. I've tried, but I can't.

"Okay. Audrey does look like me. But there is an explanation for that, okay?"

"What?" I question and furrow my eyebrows.

"I'm Audrey's uncle."

"You're - you're Jason's brother?" I question and let my mouth hang open.

"No...." He shakes his head, "I'm you brother."

"No," I laughed and leaned back in my seat, "no you're not."

"Yes I am Emily," Ryan looks at me, "mom kicked me out if the house when I was only twelve because I was involved in a gang. Jason was the leader."

"Jason was not in a gang," I'm still laughing.

"How did you guys live in that house without neither of you having a job? The leader of every gang gets five thousand dollars every Friday. He didn't have to work and he always told you that you didn't have to work, didn't he?"

I slowly nod my head and look down at my hands. Why am I just now finding all of this out.

"You had so many chances to tell me you were my brother, why now?"

"Because mom made me stay away. Why do you think I bailed on all of those dinners with you, Jason, Mom and dad? Jason always invited me to feel like he had someone since he didn't have parents at the time and I always bailed. Mom wanted me to stay away. She made me stay away."

"She's a bitch," I mutter.

"She loves you."

"She loves you too then," I look at him.

"She wouldn't have kicked me out if she loved me."

"Parents naturally love their children, Ryan."

"I know," he whispers and shuts his eyes, "but I'm not easy to love."

"I love you already," I smile and take another drink.

"Thank you," he laughs.

"Does....does Jason know?"

He nods his head to my surprise and starts to talk, "I talked to him earlier this morning."

"What'd he say?..." I whisper.

"That it doesn't change a thing...and that you still haven't signed the divorce papers."

"I can't do it."

"But you promised him....after you guys...you know."

"I know but I can't. I love him too much."

"I know, sis, I know."

--
January 8
9:17 a.m
*Jason*

"She still hasn't signed the papers," I speak to my mom as she sits across from me.

"Have you contacted her to tell her?"

"I...kind of already have," I look away and close my eyes remembering the other night.

"What'd you do?"

"I went there to get her to sign the papers and we were talking and one thing led to another an we ended up...having sex."

"Jason," he looks away and them closes her eyes, "all you're doing is hurting yourself."

"I know," I cried.

"I met up with Ryan yesterday," I informed her.

"What'd he have to say?"

"Him and Emily are brother and sister....that's why Audrey looks like him. Everything falls into place but I just can't tell you everything."

"And I respect that."

"Thank you," I smile at her and lean back on the couch.

"Why don't you get back with Emily if you know Audrey is your baby then?"

"Just because she's done so much to me and I'm finally able to see that."

"I'm proud of you," my mom smiled and stands up to give me a hug.

"I love you mom," I sigh.

"I love you too," she kisses my cheek.

A:N - my first chapters are always short cuz I just like to show what the characters are up to so here you go!!!!

Xoxo - Alexa!