Chapter Four

First game as a Duck

Immy's P.O.V

Today was the day I would be playing for the Ducks in the Junior Goodwill Games. I was beyond excited. I put my uniform on (not the pads of course) for the first time and I looked in the mirror smiling. It actually looked really good on me, but I had to take it off and put something warmer on because it was a bit of a walk to the rink we were playing at.

As I was just finishing packing my bag, someone knocked on the door. I quickly ran over to get it hoping that it wasn't a door to door salesman because they are a pain in the ass to get away. But it was Adam.

"Hey Immy! Are you ready to go?" He said, excitement laced in his words. 

"Uh yeah?" I spoke, confused he was here. How did he get here?

"Great! We got a limo!" That answers my question. He turned his body to the side so I could see behind him, and there it was, a massive black limo with the rest of the ducks inside. 

"Awesome." I whispered and Adam laughed at my current state. 

"I'm going to just go get my bag."

-----

I closed the door of the limo and we were off to the rink. I sat next to Adam and Charlie while everyone else was just messing around like crazy, talking and eating M&Ms. 

I saw Goldberg grab an M&M and aim it at me, but before he could do anything I gave him a death stare and instead he wimped out and threw it at Charlie. 

"HEY! Who threw that!?" Charlie shouted in an annoyed tone while Adam and I snickered.

-----

We stepped onto the rink and I froze. I came to the realisation that I have never actually played a real game in yonks, let alone in the Olympics! What if I suck? Or If I wimp out and start skating like a maniac! So many people are going to be watching!

And my family might be watching me...

Looking around frantically I was interrupted from my thoughts by someone locking their fingers with mine, I recognised the warm fuzzy feeling. 

Adam.

"Immy, don't be nervous, you'll be great! There's nothing to worry about. When I first saw you skating around the rink two days ago it looked like you belonged on the ice. Pretend that it's just another practise match. Remember that feeling of flying and no one can put you down. You are one of the best hockey players I've seen in a long time, I know you will do just fine."

I closed my eyes and took a breath, absorbing his words,

"Oh and don't forget. You're one of us now, a Duck." 

I smiled and kissed his cheek. He is the most adorable thing. "Thank you Adam, I don't know what I would do without you." He smiled and skated off to practice scoring, man he was good. No, actually he was great.

-----

The game started and Trinidad and Tobago were down by four. I was playing right defensemen as always, with Goldberg and Connie. We worked really well together, like we knew the exact moves each one of us was going to make.

Goldberg saved a goal and the crowd cheered. He passed it to Connie who passed it to me. I dodged all the opposition players that were in my way and swiftly passed it to Adam. Trinidad were really struggling by this point. They hadn't scored anything and we were dominating. Who knew it would be this fun?

Adam quickly turned around, skated towards the net and scored another goal for us. We all cheered as the siren went, signalling half time. 

"Great job out there guys, you were excellent! Keep doing what you're doing. Alright, I want Averman, Luis, Fulton, Goldberg, Connie and Guy out there. The rest of you can sit bench for a little while." Coach gives everyone a nod of encouragement.