Chapter 7-- The Perfect Morning

Beginne am Anfang

"I told you I wanted to show you something and I do, so come on," she replied, jumping out of the car and strutting towards the building, her boots making clicks with every step she took.

I got out and jogged up to her so we were in step, and I felt her hand entwine with mine as she pulled me along and I couldn't help but smile. She had initiated holding in my hand, which she never normally did, it was always me.

She pushed open the door and walked straight through another one, smiling at the receptionist who smiled back like they had known each other for years.

I followed behind her as she pushed open door after door and came to one room were she walked in and pulled me in with her, shutting it after.

I looked around the room, it was a recording studio for certain, with the large window in front of the sound thingy-ma-bobs and a microphone inside.

"I have never shown this to anyone, ever," she said quietly as she led me over to the chair and sat me down, smiling down at me and walking through the door to behind the window.

She smiled happily at me and waved, I waved back and chuckled quietly at her excitement in being in here. I had no idea what she was showing me or what she wanted me to do but I just sat quietly, watching her closely as she manoeuvred herself around the small little room, pressing buttons and moving a stool to behind the microphone, sitting in it.

Then music started to play and it was a soft sound, a piano and what sounded like an acoustic guitar started to play along and I smiled as I watched her close her eyes and sway slightly to the music, a pair of headphones over her head.

Then she started to sing and I think I actually stopped breathing for a second. It was simply amazing.

"You're the light, you're the night
You're the colour of my blood
You're the cure, you're the pain
You're the only thing I wanna touch
Never knew that it could mean so much, so much," her voice flowed melodically through the speakers as I sat back, watching her in amazing at this hidden talent she had kept from everyone around her.

And she decided to show me.

"You're the fear, I don't care
'Cause I've never been so high
Follow me to the dark
Let me take you past our satellites
You can see the world you brought to life, to life."

Her eyes opened and she smiled as she sand the rest of the song.