The Wedding

Part 6

Ayessa couldn't believe what he heard from her mother. She was told that she will be married today, to a man who is trying to buy their land. She will be married to a total stranger!

But when she heard the reason, she couldn't disagree more. It does make sense. Her father couldn't just sell the land to anybody, the person has to be one of them, and this could only be possible through marriage. And she will have her education in the city, in the university! all her dreams will come true in just one stone!

Though she haven't seen her husband to be, she doesn't mind, she was so excited to finally have her dreams realized. She was very happy. Her father made this decision for her own sake, so she will not disappoint him. One day, she'll be the first from their tribe to graduate in a university! With a smile, she entered the room where she'll be prepared for the wedding.

A group of ladies assisted her in putting on her wedding dress. they comb her straight long black hair. They put on her beautiful wreath. And all were happy to see her. She is very beautiful. In fact, she's the most beautiful girl in their tribe. Her color is lighter than the rest of the ladies in their tribe. Probably because her great grand mother isn't from their tribe, she was from Manila, that's why her color is not that dark. If only she's taller, she can surely win the Ms. Philippines title, but she's only five feet and two inches tall.

She heard a voice telling her to come out, so she hurriedly went out and went to the place where the marriage will take place...