The disaster of my Island: The island of Crete.

We have been an excellent source of trade since we first started out. My father was out on his ship that he built himself and is sailing it with his crew to go to neighboring islands and other places to trade, so its just my family and I. I woke up this morning to see he wasn’t back yet. He said he would try to be back in about 280 days but I keep hoping all goes well. I can’t wait for him to get back. What is with all the screaming outside? The volcano has let smoke up before and it didn’t erupt. I’m not all that worried about it, so I think I’ll go down towards the shore and wait and see if father comes.

As I walk through our tiny village there are people crying, screaming and people trying to get on their boats to leave here. I honestly don’t know though, what if it does erupt? What will happen of us? No, now is not the time to think of that, but maybe I should find a way off this island for me and my family, just ,maybe.

I finally get to the shore and I see a ship in the distance. It look like my fathers. Wait is it him? He’s slowly getting closer to the point I can yell to him and I do. When I can finally see him he has a worried look on his face and he looks like he’s about to vomit.

“Is there something wrong?” I asked him giving a concerned look.

“Do as I say and get on the boat now we are getting you off this island.” He said sternly.

“What about Mother and the boys?” I asked about ready to cry because I couldn't stand leaving them alone with the small chance of them dying.

“We have to there is no time I just want to save you. You are my whole world. I love your mother and the boys very much but I want to save who I can out of my family. I knew you would be here and I saw the volcano which I can tell will erupt very soon.” he said. “I have a boy you can love, and we can find somewhere else to settle down.”

I collected a few things off the beach and headed to get on the boat and I realized I would be the only girl on a ship of guys, but honestly growing up around boat building and being able to help my father I was probably much stronger than the boys but that doesn’t mean I’m not clumsy. Just as I was getting on the boat the island started to shake signaling is was going to erupt very soon. I got in quicker and we began to sail off into nothing but sea.

While we were sailing off and far enough away to be safe from the island when the volcano erupted. It doesn’t move very quick but it will get us to where ever we are going. I look back and imagine my family being absorbed by the molten hot lava, and suddenly I begin to quietly sob. I sit down against the side of the ship as a boy comes over to me and rubs my shoulder trying to comfort me. I looked up and saw a very cute boy, just what I was looking for looks wise.

I have been on this ship for hours and I can still see the island we have left behind, but before I was out of the woods I saw a huge wave coming toward our direction and heading toward the island to destroy it even more. It got to the huge ship and managed to knock me over board and I knew there was no way I was going to survive this. The strong wave had pulled me under and I couldn’t hold my breath much longer and it was no use, it was die or die at this point and I finally gave up and let the water take care of my soon dead body.