Chapter Ten - An Answer

Chapter Ten – An Answer.

Rigby's POV

            "Hey how ya doin' lil' mama lemme whisper in ya ear."

I jumped back in surprise as I screamed "HOLY FUCK!"  I lost my balance and fell back onto the dirt. Panting and clutching my chest, I tried to calm myself down. Mordecai was laughing his ass off.

"Y...you're such an asshole..." I panted. "I almost had a fucking heart attack..." Mordecai walked over to me, still laughing.

"That was the point!" he laughed and smiled at me. "You have to have some excitement in your life, dude!"

"You keep that 'excitement' up and I'll be dead before my 30th birthday or some shit like that." I rolled my eyes. Mordecai sat down next to me and ruffled my hair. I smiled at him and he smiled back. Mordecai is such a dork, he always tries to find the excitement in life. I loved the way he always manages to keep me on my toes. He makes me smile. These feelings I have for him... I need to do something about them. He knows I like him, and I know he likes me. I can't keep them inside me any longer. Mordecai, who seemed to be deep in thought, was staring into my eyes. I felt like time had stopped.

"Let's do this..."  I thought as I swallowed hard. "Mordo?"

He blinked, came back into reality, and responded, "Yeeeeesssss?"

My heart felt like it was going to explode, I was blushing madly. Then, I nervously asked, "Do you want to be more than friends?"

"What?" Mordecai asked, his cheeks getting slightly red. "More than friends?"

"Y-yeah." My face was probably really red now. "Like, do you wanna be my boyfriend?" The word 'boyfriend' felt weird leaving my mouth. It felt like it should've been grabbed and stuck back in there. Mordecai's jaw dropped slightly and his face got even redder.

"Uh, I'm sorry but..."

It felt like I had just been stabbed in the chest. "W-what?"

"I'm sorry but I can't."

I felt tears well up in my eyes. He said no? Why did he say no?! Mordecai wrapped his arms around me in an effort to comfort me, I guess.

"Hey... Rigby?"

"What..." I sighed, expecting an explanation or something.

"Gotchaaa!" Mordecai laughed and picked me up off the ground. He spun me around and hugged me tighter. "Did you really think I would say no?! C'mon, dude, you should've known I would say yes!"

"This asshole."  I thought as a smile spread across my face. Mordecai stopped spinning and set me down on the ground. I was smiling so hard it was hurting my face, but I didn't care, Mordecai had said yes! I was extremely dizzy, I was overly excited, and I felt like I could do anything! I wrapped my arms around Mordecai and hugged him. This hug felt different than all the others, and I loved it. He wrapped his arms around me and hugged me back.

"Are you alright, dude? You're shaking."

"Y-yeah. I'm just... excited! Are you alright?"

Mordecai was as still as ever, but his eyes looked like they were full of happiness and life.

"To be honest, I'm excited too. But other than that I'm fine!"  Mordecai said with a smile spreading across his face. I couldn't help but smile even more than I already was. I still can't believe he said yes! I hugged him again and then laid back down on the ground. That had taken a lot out of me, and I was really tired.

"Shall we head back and pack up?" Mordecai asked with a smile as he held out his hand.

I nodded. "We shall."

I took his hand and laced my fingers with his. We began to walk back to our campsite. I looked up at Mordecai and smiled. He looked so happy. I squeezed his hand and walked a little closer to him.

Things feel different now, and I absolutely love it.

GUESS WHO'S BACK.

BACK AGAIN.

I'M BACK.

TELL A FRIEND.

So sorry that this took forever to update, and that is kind of short-ish. School has taken a lot out of me. (Lame excuse, I know.) But here you guys go! I hope you enjoyed this chapter!

Happy Halloween to all of you as well! I'm so psyched for tomorrow! I'm gonna be the Phantom of the Opera! :D

Love,

Anne :*