21

i looked at my phone and wondered why michael was acting like that. was he just having like hybrid mood swings?

but i was confused on why he said he was in class, i swear i looked around for him and didnt see him. did he come in late?

i just need to make sure he's alright.

i waited until it was finally chemistry, sadly the only class i had with michael. when the bell rang for class to officially begin, i didnt see michael anywhere. he lied to me.

i looked over at calum and ashton working together, calum's smile lighting up almost the entire classroom. i wasnt close with either of the two. hell, i wasnt close with anyone anymore. it's been like that for years. you get used to being alone so easily.

i needed to say something to ashton. i needed to explain.

i got up and walked over to the two, acting as if i needed to borrow a new pencil or if he had lead.

"ash, can we talk really quick?" i whispered so the teacher wouldnt hear.

he looked at me and narrowed his eyes slightly. "why? what do you want, fuckboy?" he said in a not-so-quiet voice. some kids looked up.

"let me explain." i pleaded. he groaned and got up, walking over to my desk.

"what?"

"why do you hate me?"

he chuckled like it was the most obvious reason.

"you basically molested my girlfriend, hemmings."

is that what he thinks?

"i did nothing like that."

he scoffed. "sure, i know charlotte. she wouldnt do that. you made her."

i was taken back honestly. he is oblivious, i couldnt finish explaining in the middle of class, everyone would hear.

"after school. near the track. be there. youll hear the rest when people arent around."

he rolled his eyes and walked back over to calum.

after school i was already down by the track, waiting for ashton. after a while i thought he wasnt coming, but to my relief, a few minutes later he showed up.

"you got-" he checked his watch. "seven minutes."

i nodded. "i didnt make charlotte do shit."

he rolled his eyes "sure."

"im serious! i-i did something a few years back and she uses it against me and makes me do all this dirty stuff when you don't do it to her."

his eyes widened. "wait, what? what did you do?"

"thats my personal business, irwin. but all im saying is, she uses me for her little horny self when you dont give her a good fuck or something."

"you fucked my girlfriend?!"

is he seriOUS?

"no! no way would i do that!"

he sighed. "so..youre serious?"

"yes."

he kicked the ground. "how could i have been so stupid! god damn it!"

"im sorry..?" i tried to make it sound as sincere as possible.

"its,, its alright, hemmings. sorry about going after you like that."

i nodded. "its okay. just one question,"

"yeah?"

"what did you say to calum? because he wouldnt just ignore me like that."

"well, um, i told him to not talk to you and that you were a fuckboy.."

"oh."

"ill explain to him what you just told me. dr. ken will be talking to you again." he grinned, i chuckled.

"thanks, ash."

"no problem."

we started walking home, after a turn at a corner ashton went a different direction and i took a route that i rarely took, but it still got me home. a figure ran past me, gasping for air, their hood up.

i ran after them, grabbing onto their arm. they looked at me with fear.

"hey, are you alri-michael?!"