I stood up and brushed off my hands. I gripped the mic in a shaky hand and walked to the front of the stage. I scanned the crowd and Zane was smiling at me with his thumbs up.

My heart was beating so loudly I could hear it in my ears. My hands started sweating and shaking. It became extremely hot on stage. My stomach clenched and knotted itself. A huge lump formed in my throat.

My mouth opened and words and notes started tumbling out. To my surprise or sounded better than what I expected.

"♪Into your head, into your mind 

Out of your soul, race through your veins 

You can't escape, you can't escape♪." Everyone fell quiet and just listened.

"♪Into your life, into your dreams 

Out of the dark, so light again 

You can't explain, you can't explain

Can you feel it, can you feel it 

Rushin' through your hair 

Rushin' through your head? 

Can you feel it, can you feel it?♪" My eyes never left Zane. His lips were in a straight line.

"♪Don't let nobody tell you, your life is over 

Be every color that you are 

Into the rush now, you don't have to know how 

Know it all before you'll try♪" I looked back at the crowd since my nerves calmed.

My nerves awakened again.

"♪Pulling♪-" chunks flew on the stage.

I covered my mouth and looked at the chunks of acidic turkey and bread, mixed with some liquids. More forced its way up but I forced of back down. I looked up at the crowd and everyone had the look of disgust.

I searched the crowd for zane but he wasn't there.

"Ok, time to get back." He put the mic in the stand and gripped my hand.

I shook my head. I didn't want to move because I would throw up again.

"Come on." He stood me up and carefully walked me to his car.

"I can't believe you did that!" He laughed and leaned over the steering wheel slightly.

"That was so embarrassing." I covered my face.

"Well the upchucking over the stage was. But the singing was good until that happened." He leaned back in his chair and rested his arm on the arm rest between us.

"The whole thing was a mess." I looked at him.

"No, you're good. We might have to do a duet sometime." He glanced at me smirking before looking back at the road.

"No way! That was torture. I'm never ever doing that again." I griped my tress.

"Fine, I hope you're not like that on opening night or you'll be all over YouTube." He joked.

My body froze.

I haven't though of that.

I petted my hair before I stuck it in my mouth and grinding it between my teeth.

"Don't tell me you have stage fright?" He looked at me as he came to a stop.

I didn't answer and just continued grounding my hair between my teeth.

Why didn't i think of that?

What that you're afraid to be in the spotlight?

Yes and no! I mean I knew I'd be in the spotlight. I just didn't know all those people would be looking at me.

"Don't worry you'll do fine." He took my hand and held it in his on the arm rest.

Tingles filled my hand. I looked at our hands then back at him. He pulled his hand away quickly and laid it on his thigh. It flexed slightly before balling up. I placed my hand in my lap and stared at it like it had some infection. It was just laying there limp. I didn't move it one it.

What the heck?!

That's all I thought the rest of the way to school.

__________

Rush by ally and aj on the side. I'm actually fond of this chapter. Aren't you? (Even though its short)

~Dejah