Chapter 17: Friday Night

Start from the beginning

Yeah, I know, I was asking for too much. To be with the guys, it should’ve been enough. I mean, come on, there’s no way the girls could be coming to London to just celebrate for my birthday…

A knock was heard on the door. Liam seemed to perk up some, grinning as he got up. “I got it!”

He disappeared behind the wall to greet whoever was there. “Ah! You made it!” I heard Liam said, along with more chatter.

Female voices.

American accents.

My eyes widened. No way. No way. No way…

I stood up from my chair, looking between the three other boys in the room. They were grinning from ear to ear at me. “You didn’t…” I started.

“Niall!” I turned around, seeing Dakota and Kariann coming around the corner followed by Liam and Eleanor.

They both came running over. I picked both of them up, spinning around in a circle with a hug. “Oh, my God.” I breathed, putting them down to where my back was facing Liam and Eleanor. “I can’t believe the two of you came. I…”

I was trying to express my emotions into my words, but I couldn’t. “Um, Niall.” Kariann said, grinning. “We didn’t come alone.”

“What do you mean?” I asked, then it hit me. “Oh! Eleanor-“

I turned around, ready to thank her, but my breath caught. Okay, maybe it wasn’t Eleanor they weren’t talking about. A girl stood a few feet in front of a smiling Liam and Eleanor. A girl with dip-dyed, multiple colored, orange hair stood, beautiful brown eyes wide, and a huge side-grin on her face. This was probably the perfect time to use the metaphor that my jaw hit the floor. It seriously did. Oh, my God. There was no way she was here.

Bonnie Michele Haub.

“How long are you going to stare at me with that look on your face?” Her Australian accent broke through.

I haven’t heard that voice in so long, not since I talked to her on the phone that fateful night she called Dakota. I got her number from Dakota and I texted her. A lot if I must say. For the longest time, she was the only person I texted, the only person who’s texts I looked forward to. Holy shit. She was standing right in front of me.

And stupid me wasn’t sure wasn’t to do.

“Take a picture! Take a picture!” Louis shouted. “I’m loving his face right now!”

“One step ahead of you!” Zayn laughed, phone held high.

I blinked, looking at Zayn. I felt a hand press on my back. Kariann whispered to me. “What the hell are you doing? Go hug her.”

I swallowed, looking back at Bonnie. She had her hand on her hips, raising an eye at me. Such a sassy girl, but I couldn’t help but see the beauty that eloped her. I walked toward her. Her cheesy grin turned into a smile as she opened her arms for a hug.

Oh, I hugged her alright. Tightly.

“Surprised?” She asked as we pulled back from each other.

I nodded. “Very. I wasn’t expecting them-“ I nodded my head toward Kariann and Dakota, “to come. Especially you. I... My goodness. I think I can die happy right now.”

She smiled. Her face, which I now noticed were filled with so many freckles pulled up. She really was beautiful. She leaned in, whispering into my ear. “Why don’t we go somewhere private and talk?”

My breath caught. Seriously? “What about the others?”

“They’ll be fine.” She said, pulling back. She winked up at me. “I only came for you anyways.”