Human Contact

Chapter 3 | Stiles' POV

We trailed our way back to where we had left the creepy, blonde chick. On our lovely way back it was a silent trip, without counting the crunching leaves and sticks breaking beneath our feet. I simply kept following behind the fellow-- and a handsome one at that, might I add-- I had just saved. I began noticing him holding his hand over his stomache. I would ask if he's okay, but it's probably just the aftereffects of being electricuted for hours, or else he would of told me otherwise, right?

I shook away those thoughts and looked at the back of his head trailing my eyes down his back, and I may or may not of snuck a peek a bit further south.

"You know, it's not very nice to stare at people." He stated, as he stepped over a branch, looking over his shoulder with a smirk.

I averted my gaze to meet his, noticing how flickers of light danced in his emerald eyes. My cheeks flushed, and I decided it would be best if I kept my eyes to the forest floor.

"Well, did anyone tell you it's impolite not to introduce yourself to people who rescue you?" I retorted.

"Well is that so...? Derek, Derek Hale. And what's your name, my oh so 'dashing hero'?" He questioned, with a playful tone of sarcasm.

"Stiles, Stiles Stilinski." I informed, mimicking his classy introduction.

At first his name didn't spike my attention, but then suddenly it was like hitting a brick wall of realisation.

Derek Hale? As in Derek Hale, from the Hale fire case six years ago?

"Isn't your father the sheriff?" Derek quizzed.

"Yes, but how-"

"I may be new to you, but I'm not new to this town, Stiles."

Well if he knows about my dad, then he must of been living in Beacon Hills for atmost twenty years, seeing as that's when my dad and my mom moved here...

"Why were you captured?" I asked, pushing a branch out of my way.

Derek stopped mid-step as if stunned by my question,

"She thought I could fill in a few blanks to her questions."

"You mean about who the alpha is?"

Derek whipped his head around, eyes round like saucers.

"How did you know that?"

"I dreamed it." I said bluntly. "I'm not really sure how, though."

He stared off at me, then trained his eyes forward and continued walking, as if dreaming of past events wasn't an absured ability to aquire.

But hey, I dream about past events and he's a werewolf, I guess the possibilities are endless.

About a few miniets later, we had finally reached our destination.

We kept cover in the woods, as Derek pointed his nose up, sniffing the autum air. His face was stiff in concentration as he focused.

"All clear."

We then sprinted to the back of the house, to where, surely, a black camaro was parked.

"You'll have to drive." Derek stated, putting his hand at his side again.

"Why?" I asked, with worry.

"Because of this." He lifted the hem of his shirt, revealing a nasty gun shot wound.

"What the hell?! Why didn't you tell me?"

"I was a little more concerned about getting us out of there, at the moment."

Us? As in me included?

"When were you shot?" I questioned, getting into the drivers seat,"I hadn't noticed it before."

"When she found me. She shot me, in order to weaken me, so she could tie me up and take me to the cellar."

"But you look fine."

"Yeah, maybe now, but soon its going to get a lot worse. Now drive." Derek tossed me the keys.

He tried to buckle himself, wincing in response.

I placed my hand on his wrist, seeing if I could help.

Derek looked at me curiously as he allowed me to buckle him.

My hand managed to slide up to his forearm.

"You know, I read somewhere that human contact can soothe pain..." I stated, unsure what I was trying to suggest exactly.

I pulled away, but he grabbed my hand. His eyes grew wide, as if he were surprised of himself.

"Oddly, its helps. Thanks." He then released his grip on my hand and leaned his head on the window.

I started the car, and made my way to the clinic.

Every now and then, I would look over at him, just to see if he was still breathing. He looked paler than usual and dark circles began forming under his eyes. His breathing had begun to labor slightly, coming out in ragged heaves of air.

"We're almost there." I assured him.

Would it be wrong to say that I'm already some how comfortable with the situation?

Before I even realised it, we had arrived at the Clinic.

I shook away my previous thought, and hopped out of the vehicle.

I rounded the front and made my way to the passengers side.

I opened the door and what I saw wasn't good: Derek was as pale as a ghost, and this awful smell was emmiting from him.

What does it smell like you ask? I can only put it this way; Like death!

Derek's hand was clutched to his now bleeding side.

My heart was ramming in my chest.

Calm down Stiles.

I managed to calm down enough to drag Derek out of the car and into the waiting room of the clinic.

"Help! Somebody please help!"

Suddenly a short, bald, middle aged, man with dark skin, clad in a white lab coat came running into help.

He looked alarmed at first, but didn't look at the most suprised to see the scene before him.

"I think he's dying." I choked out.

The veterinarian, I assumed, took Derek's arm and put it over his shoulder,

"In here." He said.

The man led me into a room, and had me put Derek on the examination table.

He lifted Derek's shirt with a sigh,

"Silver bulet." He whispered to himself.

"Silver? What does that mean? Wait, Isn't silver deadly to werewolves?!" I freaked, combing my fingers though my hair.

"We need to cure him before it reaches his heart or he'll die.."

"Wait! Did you say die? You can't just take the bullet out and patch it up?" I questioned, looking at Derek's slack face.

Why was I so panicked? Chill, Stiles. Breath.

"You don't look too well yourself. You should sit down."

"No. I'm fine, thank you..." I began pacing, thinking over how I could help Derek, in any way.

"I'm afraid this will not be simple. Without another one of the same bullets that was used to shoot him, he's a man on his death bed."

"No. He can't die." I whispered, suddenly remembering something.

"I-I know where I can get another bullet." I announced.

I walked over to Derek placing my hand over his,

"Hold on for me..."I looked over at the vet,"You keep Derek alive. I'll be back!" I hollered as I ran out to the camaro.

It's back to the old creepy cellar.