Sarcastic Much?

"I'd sooner drown in a two inch puddle than give you my number," you say annoyed face in a scowl.

You weren't in the mood. The music blared through your ears and you could sense the headache starting even now. Body after body kept colliding with you and it didn't help matters. Where were your friends? The lights flashed in front of you in a haze of color you wanted no part of. You were overheated, tired and really not in the mood to be hit on especially today.

The frat boy in front of you just didn't seem to get it. You tried letting him down nicely but he wouldn't take no for an answer. He was nice almost puppy-like in his zealousness to get with you. That was as far as it went in regards to good feelings about him. He just couldn't seem to take a hint.

He was jumping on your last nerve.

The frat boy smile smiled at you but you weren't willing to play nice anymore.

"One smile. That's all I ask, " his smile was charming under any other circumstance but right now he was this close to making you blow up.

What part of leave me alone did he not understand?

Solitude. That's all I ask. How hard is it to think maybe I don't want to be hit on right now? Maybe I just want to be alone.

You take a drink with a huff and I'm just starting to walk away from the counter when he leans forward.

"What about a tip?"

You get closer to his face if stare straight into his eyes.

"Don't flirt with someone that's not interested." You say your voice low in anger and seriousness.

You're just about to leave when he asks.

"Well how do I do that?" The music is deafening but you still hear him.

You sound shocked when you reply because you honestly thought he would know the answer.

"You don't assume I'm interested in the first place."

This time you leave nursing your soda on the way out.

That's how you find yourself near midnight sitting on the grass behind the party. Your friends called saying that they had to stay in and study for the rest of finals week. You were so mad you could barely think. You're so mad you didn't notice the girl sitting next to you until she opened her mouth.

"Aren't you a little young to look this bitter?"

You turn your head at the voice.

It's a girl.

Her skin is a milky white unblemished under the streetlights. You can put the waves of her dark hair and her bangs are short hovering over her right eyes. Her lips tug slightly at the corners: a hint of a smile showing. A perfectly straight nose peers at you and her cheekbones are sharp and high almost dangerous.

She's beautiful. ..

Amused brown eyes watch you during your little inspection.

"No."

"No?" She repeats after you and now you can see her lips twitch.

"I'm young enough to be this cynical since I've been old enough to be surrounded by idiots."

You fake a smile still too aggravated for conversation.

"True, " she smiles fully exposing a small but perfect teeth. "I'm Carmilla. "

"That's nice," you mutter and turn your head away.

"That wasn't though, " Carmilla's voice doesn't sound insulted but you still don't speak.