Chapter 8 : Are You Okay ?

Stevie started retracing Ally's track, followed by her mom and Steven.

Stevie - "Here, that's where she got out of my sight. I should have... I should have followed her... Or at least looked where she was going and then leave her alone !

Ally's mom - "It's not your fault.. None of this would have happened if I had told the truth"

Stevie put her hands on her face, panicked. It wasn't making her feel better. She was really worried.

Ally's mom - "Isn't there a place you two liked to go to...? A place she might have showed you when..."

Stevie looked up, trying to remember. All eyes were on her. Bingo !

Stevie - "Yes ! There's this place, a quiet spot on the park where we used to spend time between classes. She showed me that place a few weeks after we met. Not a lot of people know about it, she says it's her 'secret garden'."

Ally's mom - "Ok, where is it ?"

Stevie - "Wait, I hope she didn't go there, it's not an easy access with crutches, she could hurt herself !"

Ally's mom - "Tell us where it is ! Let's go !"

The group rushed in direction of the park. It was about eight minutes away from where they were.

Stevie - "At the entrance, there are three paths possible for people to walk. The principal one is in the middle. We take the right one and somewhere on it, there are two big tool sheds on the left side. Behind them, there's a small dirt road which you can't see if you don't pay attention. We can follow it till the 'Secret Garden'"

They stopped at a traffic light. Stevie was really nervous, her hands were shaking and sweat was dripping on her forehead. She wiped it with the back of her hand. They crossed the road, the park was visible from there. Of course, it was closed. They would have to find another way to enter it. But what if she wasn't there ?

Ally's mom - "What do we do now ? What if she's not even here ? We should have left someone at her house!"

Steven - "I can run to her house and let you know if she's there ! It'll only take me 3 minutes if I go fast ! If she's not, then find a way to go into the park"

Ally's mom - "Ok! You have my number"

Steven had never actually believed she was in the park. He secretly hoped she would be back home by now so he would have some alone time with her. That thought made him smile. He was aware of Ally's relationship with Stevie, but she couldn't remember, right ? So why would it matter anyway ?

When he arrived on her street, the lights of her house were still off. Yet he thought she might had gone to sleep. He knocked on her door. Nothing. The door was unlocked so he entered in.

Steven - "ALLY ? ARE YOU HOME ? YOUR DOOR WAS OPEN SO I CAME IN !" He shouted. Still nothing. He searched on every room. No one was here. Disappointed, he sat on the couch and texted Ally's mother : "Nothing here but I'm staying in case she comes back". He still wished she would come here soon.

Ally's mom read the text to Stevie.

Stevie - "Okay we have to find a way to get in, now".

They walked along the park and found gap on the fence. Teens usually use it to go there during the night. Once in, Stevie took the right path and headed towards the tool sheds. She put a flashlight on her phone and followed the dirt path. She knew there were a huge rock before the path started going up. Stevie and Ally sometimes sat here before going to the secret place at the top. Ally's mother was still following her. Suddenly, Stevie noticed something. She saw the rock but something was on it. Someone actually. The person looked up, it was Ally, sitting on the rock. See felt relieved when she saw Stevie. Then she saw her mom behind her and got disappointed.

Stevie - "Oh my god, Ally you're here ! I was so worried !!"

Ally - "I'm here, I wanted to go up but I fell with my crutches"

Stevie - "Are you okay ?" She asked, putting her free hand on Ally's cheek, looking right into her eyes. Ally couldn't speak, she could only stare in silence because Stevie was so beautiful.

Stevie - "Please say something to me Ally"

Ally - "Sorry, I have to tell you something important..."

Ally turned to her mom and asked her to give them some privacy. After that, she looked back at Stevie and cleared her throat.

Ally - "When I started going up, I felt dizzy and I lost consciousness for a few minutes. Don't worry I'm okay ! I faint easily anyway and I was dealing with too much emotions at the same time. I had a quick flash during my blackout. I remembered something actually"

Stevie's heart skipped a beat. Was that a good sign ? She hoped so ! However, Ally looked too nervous to say what happened. Stevie encouraged her. She put her hand on her arm.

Stevie - "What do you remember ?"

Ally - "I... I remember something but I don't know if my brain made that up or if it's... Real. We were in my bedroom, sitting on my bed. I was in front of you and you had a purple t-shirt on with a black thing on it, maybe a drawing or a logo, I don't recall. Then you got closer and ... And we kissed"

Stevie - "Ally that's, that's our first kiss. You were so nervous that day that you later spelled wine on this purple shirt !"

Ally - "So I didn't make it ? It really happened ?"

Stevie - "Indeed, it happened. But... How do you feel about that now ...?"

Ally didn't know how she felt. She decided to listen to her heart and do what she wanted to do at that moment. She leaned forward and kissed Stevie's lips. It felt so right, like coming home after a long journey.

__________________________________________________________________

Hey guys !!! I've had a lot of work recently so I was not able to update :( I'm sorry, college priorities. Hope you enjoyed this new chapter, don't forget to vote and comment ! Thank you

À la prochaine.