Chapter 6 : Truth And Nothing Else

Stevie woke up quite nervous. She did not have a great night because all kinds of scenarios kept harassing her mind. She sat on her bed and put her hands on her face, trying so hard to calm herself down. Her heartbeat was very fast and she could not stop shivering. Stevie repeated to herself that she had already sent Ally a message to warn her she had to talk to her, that she wanted to tell her the whole truth. It was too late to back off. She took her phone to see if Ally had answered. She did : "No problem, come whenever you want". That was it. She had no choice anymore. Stevie quickly answered and went to the bathroom. It was still quite early and she did not want Ally's mom to be there first. She was not in the mood to deal with her too. But it would not stop her from speaking anyway.

Ally's POV

Ally woke up just before Stevie. She saw her message and frowned. She was intrigued and a bit scared. She responded and went to the bathroom to prepare herself. Ally hoped Stevie would come soon, she could not contain her curiosity.
When she got out of the bathroom half an hour later, she heard a knock on the door. Great! She was already there! She didn't want to run to the front door and look too desperate to hear what she had to say so she just shouted "BE RIGHT THEEERE! YOU CAN COME IN". She finished dressing up while hearing the front door open. When she arrived in the living room, she saw that sadly, it was not Stevie. It was her mom.
Ally - "Hey mom, what are you doing here? Uh... I mean, hey! How are you?"
Ally's mom - "I know you're probably waiting for someone else..."
Her mom did not look well. Ally got concerned. She sat down next to her on the couch.
Ally - "Are you okay? You look really tired and... sad. Do you need water or maybe something to eat?"
Ally's mom - "No thanks, don't worry. Remember this cause you're soon going to hate me. I came by early cause I wanted to get to you before she would".
Ally looked very surprised. How did she know she had a visit? Why would she hate her?
Ally's mom - "I did something really awful and I hope that one day you will be able to forgive me". She started crying. Ally did not understand and was not even sure of how to react to this.
At that moment, another person knocked on the door. That time it was Stevie.
Ally's mom - "Damn it, I should've come sooner... But I was terrified!"
Ally left her mom and went to the front door. Stevie was there, looking stunning but really anxious. She kept moving her fingers frenetically.
Ally - "Hey! I didn't think you'd be here so quick"
She was happy to see Stevie, she had a huge smile on her face.
Stevie - "Oh, I'm sorry I should have warned you I was on my way"
Ally - "Oh no no ! It's okay, I told you that you could come whenever you wanted"
Ally walked back and Stevie followed, closing the door behind her. She had a bad surprise when she realized Ally's mom was there too. Tears were falling down her cheeks. She actually felt sorry for her at that moment, but the feeling did not stay for long. Ally's mom felt awkward. She cleared her throat:
Ally's mom - "I think I should... Um.. Go, and leave you two alone..."
Ally - "Why? You had something to tell me! I need to know! Does it have something to do with Stevie?"
Ally's mom nodded while staring at the ground. She could not look into her daughter's eyes anymore. She was too ashamed and the truth had not even come out yet. Ally was so confused. She couldn't think of any link between Stevie and her mom. She sat down in front of her, Stevie stayed near the couch, between Ally and her mom.
Ally - "Come seat here Stevie! I'm sorry I didn't even offer" she said, showing the chair next to hers. Stevie sat down and took her phone. They were then both in front of Ally's mom.
Ally - "So tell me, what's going on? I'm curious"
Ally's mom - "I haven't been really honest with you since your accident..."
Ally - "What do you mean?"
Ally's mom - "Well..."
Stevie - "Steven is not really the last person you dated. Your mom lied to you. She took advantage of your accident and my insecurities to make you forget you had a relationship with someone else since then. Well... Have, because..."
Ally interrupted her, furious.
Ally - "Wait, what? So I was recreating memories that weren't even true? Why would you do that mom? Why? Didn't you think enough damages were done? Why would you lie and manipulate me !?"
Ally's mom didn't know what to say, she cried harder. She honestly regretted all the things she had done.
Stevie - "She didn't want you to remember your last... Hm, current relationship. But I can't pretend anymore, you just need to know. You are in a relationship right now Ally"
Ally - « What ? No I'm not"
Stevie - « Yes, you are. With... me"Stevie was not as confident when she finished that sentence. Ally looked at her, shocked. She could not say a word. An awkward silence filled the room leaving Stevie terrified of her reaction. 

__________________________________________________________

So this chapter came out fast ! I had free time so I could take time to write the chapter. I hope you guys liked it and enjoy !

À la prochaine