Chapter 7 : Please, Don't Follow Me

Ally was confused. Was that a prank ? Was there a hidden camera somewhere recording all the event ? At that thought, she automatically looked everywhere in the room and then stopped, her eyes on Stevie.

Ally - "What do you mean I was... am with you ?"

Stevie started panicking, she almost regretted saying the truth. Her heart wanted to get off her chest and run far away before getting damaged. Ally's mom stood up.

Ally's mom - "I'm going back home, I should leave you two..."

Ally didn't react to that, she didn't even looked at her. Actually she ignored her on purpose because she was still disgusted by what she'd done. That hurt her mom but she felt like she deserved it, she could not blame it on her daughter. Ally's mom headed to the front door and left.

Stevie - "I mean, we've been dating for almost a month now..."

Ally - "That doesn't make any sense, I'm not even into girls !"

Stevie's turn to be hurt.

Stevie - "You weren't. But... Things changed for you when we met"

Ally needed a brake from it all. Too many informations were coming at once, her head began to ache. She stood up, grabbed her crutches and took her keys.

Stevie - "What are you doing ?"

Ally turned and went to the front door.

Ally - "I need to get out and think about everything I just heard"

Before Steve could answer she added :

Ally - "And please don't follow me, I need to do this alone"

Stevie didn't say anything, she could understand that Ally could use some alone time to process everything. Still, she was worried. She "wasn't even into girls", she told. What if she never remembered her feelings ? What if it was the end of their relationship ? What if she went with someone else..?

Ally - "Please go home, I'll talk to you later, I... I'm sorry I can't right now, it's too much. I'll text you I promise. Bye..."

She stood and stared at Stevie like she was going to say something else but nothing came. Instead, she opened the door and went outside. Stevie did the same and watched Ally awkwardly walking with her crutches until she got out of sight. Then, she headed back home.

For the whole day, she waited for a message from Ally. She knew her phone had been crashed in the accident but still, Facebook messages existed. Maybe she just didn't want to talk to her. Or maybe she just needed more time. Stevie was non stop checking her phone. Nothing. Hours passed and still nothing. She was a bit worried and hoped nothing happened to her. When the night came, she decided to put her phone on normal profile so she could sleep. If she had a notification during the night, a little ringtone would wake her up. She was exhausting, all the stress, the angst, it had killed her energy. She did lay down on but her brain refused to turn off, it was torturing her. Eyes on the ceiling, she repeated the scenes that had occurred this morning, wondering if she could have done it better. Said it better. A couple of times she almost sent the first message but at the last moment, she always decided it was not the best thing to do. She had to let her breathe and then, Ally would eventually come back to her. Suddenly there was a knock on her door. Stevie jumped 'It's Ally, it has to be !". She practically ran to the door, joyful. Unfortunately, when she opened the door, two persons she would have never expected were standing in front of her and none of them were Ally : Steven and Ally's mom. Stevie's smile vanished. They noticed it but didn't say a thing about it.

Stevie - "Um.... What's.. going on ? Omg is Ally okay ??"

Steven - "We don't know, I've tried to reach her all day on Facebook but she didn't respond. She didn't even see my messages. I thought it was weird cause she's on her computer a lot and since she had an accident.... You know ! So I rang her mom who went to her home one hour ago but... Nothing. It's getting late. We thought maybe she would be here considering....... But seems like she isn't either"

Stevie - "She's not home yet ??? But she's still pretty injured and it's dark and late right now ! That's not safe at all !!"

Stevie was freaking out.

Steven - "Do you have an idea about where she might be ?"

Stevie - "She could be anywhere, I saw her leave, she needed a walk after... this morning's events ! I remember the direction, we should look from there".

She took a jacket, some shoes and closed her front door. They all rushed towards Ally's home.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Hey everyone !! I'm sorry I have not been posting in a while, I had so much uni work to do. I hope you still enjoyed this new chapter and thank you for reading !

À la prochaine