Chapter One

This is a semi-LadyNoir fanfiction. The main focus will be the mind switch and the identity reveal. Romance will be there, but it is not the main focus. Thank you!

EDIT: Oh my god, I get it. I spelt Marinette wrong. Please stop commenting so.
      "Why does nothing ever work!" A voice screamed. A young man stood hunched over a desk, piles of paper spilling off. This is Professor Hank Whin, a psychologist well known for his failure. A phone rings and he quickly grabs at it.

      "Hello? Who is this?" He says into the receiver, beginning to calm down. "Hello, Professor Whin? This is the head of the APA. I've reviewed your paper on the theory of mind control," The professor began to grin, the thought of success bringing joy to his heart.

      "And I hate to say it, but you have been put under suspicion of counterfeiting." Whin's face fell, and quickly began to heat up to an embarrassing red colour. "What are you talking about!" He said harshly. As he listened to the response, his face screwed up even more.

      He slammed the phone down on the base and threw it across the room; smashing it into the wall. " A more trustworthy doctor submitted the same theory!" He yelled. His anger quickly faded and he sank to his knees. "No." He muttered to himself in a low whisper.

      Across the city, a large window opened and a flurry of white butterflies sprang into the air. A man in a mask snatched one out of the air and pressed it in between his hands, turning it black. It flew out the window and minutes later, it entered Whin's glasses.

      A purple haze grew across his face as he began to hear a voice. " I am Hawkmoth, and I have heard your pain. Do you want to make them believe you?" Whin grinned and let out a yes. "Then all you must do is get me Ladybug and Chat Noir's miraculous, and you will have to power to change everyone's mind about you as my Minder!" Whin's grin grew even more, "Yes!"

      His glasses grew circular, and formed a black and white spiral pattern. His white dress shirt and slacks turned into a black dress suit with white spirals. "All I need is the miraculous, huh?" Whin said. "Guess I'll need to cause a scene."

      In a small bakery on the west side of Paris, I, Marionette, ran around in a panic. "Should I be happy, or scared! I don't know, but I think I'm both!" Tikki perched herself on the desk chair before speaking, "Just because you got paired up with Adrien doesn't mean you need to panic. I think this is actually a good chance to become friends with him!" Tikki has a valid point- No! I just know I'll mess it up somehow! "I'd just mess it up somehow!" Tikki rolled her eyes and was about to speak, but a giant explosion suddenly rocked my room. "I guess I'll have to worry about the history project later." I muttered before quickly transforming and jumping out the window.

      As I leapt across the building parallel to the bakery, Chat appeared from beneath me and began to run alongside me. That was awful close to the bakery, my mind wandered but I quickly shook it away and continued to run.

      "Greetings and cat-utations, my lady." Chat said, pun easily rolling off his tongue. With a quick roll of my eyes, we appeared on the scene to see a black and white akuma nonchalantly standing in the centre of a plaza, smoke rolling out of the building next to him. Curiously, none of the people around him seemed to care. "There's something wrong with this picture." Chat said, seriousness overtaking his flirtatious personality.

      "I agree," I said quickly, "Why don't we ask our dear akuma friend." He nodded and we jumped off the roof and landed in front of the akuma. "Well, if it isn't Ladybug and Chat Noir." The akuma said. "I was hoping you'd show, if you don't mind, I'd like your miraculous." I felt my limbs move of their own accord and reach up to take off my earrings, before someone, who I assume to be Tikki, forced my arm to stop. From the corner of my eye, I could see Chat struggling as well.

      "Hmm, it doesn't seem to be working. I'll do it myself then." He walked up to me and began to reach his arm towards my ears. Before he could reach my ears, a metal pole struck him on the side and sent him flying to the opposite side of the plaza. I looked to see Chat's angled pole retreat back into itself, a smug grin decorating his face.

      "I was cat-solutly sure it would work," He said to himself. "Hey Lady, are you okay?" I assured him I was fine and began to work on removing myself from whatever power he had placed us under.

      I watched as my lady began to twist her body and I followed suit. I began to twist my wrist and with a glasslike crack, I freed my forearm from the akuma's weird spell. I swear I had seen him before. What was his name? I pondered it as I began to work on my upper arm, the akuma beginning to stand up.

      "How dare you!" He yelled. "The Minder deserves better! He always deserves better!" "Talking in the third person, not healthy, you should go see a shrink about that." He began to shudder before responding, "I am a 'shrink'!" He yelled again. I snapped my free fingers. "That's where I've seen you from! You're that psychologist that forged that mind control thing! I talked about you in Modern Psych!"

      He stopped moving and looked at the ground. With a snap, he zoomed over and looked right into my face. The spirals on his face began to spin and I couldn't help but stare.  "You will regret that. Very much so." I panicked and praised the cat gods that my forearm was free. I activated Cataclysm and slammed my hand into his glasses. His glasses turned green and gross. Around Ladybug's legs and lower torso and the rest of my body, a sticky substance bubbled and exploded off of us. I was disappointed she had managed to get so much more off than me, but I had to focus on the matter at hand.

      Ladybug threw her yo-yo into the air and in a flash of ridiculously bright light, a red and black dart appeared in her hand. "I guess this one is a bit more straightforward" she muttered and quickly threw the dart at Whin's glasses. They hit the bridge and snapped in two, my Cataclysm obviously weakening the material. As Whin fell to the ground, miasma rolling off of his body, Ladybug walked up to the dart and picked it up. "Lucky shot?" I asked. She playfully rolled her eyes before a beep pierced the conversation.

      "Here's what's going to happen. I'm going to stand in that alley over there and do Clean Up Crew. If I lose my transformation, you swear not to look?" I nodded and as if to confirm, I heard a beep from my ring. She walked away, and as a tinge of our respective transformation glows began to begin, the Clean Up Crew flashed and I quickly turned to jump away. Only to hit a wall.

      I was horribly confused as to why a wall suddenly appeared, and a little looking proved a wall had not just appeared; I had moved. I heard a gasp, and footsteps ran toward me. I looked at my hand only to see my ring had disappeared. Before I could become truly worried, a more pressing matter appeared.

      Myself.

That's all folks! More to come soon (hopefully) and I will be doing a spell check. If you see any flaws, don't be afraid to tell me! I hope you enjoyed the first chapter!