Day Two: Errand Girl

Today was another day..another day that I wasn't looking forward to. Being the girl who nearly blew up the science lab on the first day isn't the greatest impression one can leave as a new student and unfortunately, that was mine.

I walked the halls with Shikamaru, Naruto and Saurka before we had to separate for our classes "if you ask me Kimi, I think it was kinda awesome!" Naruto exclaimed "Of course you would, you're the one that had half a green face for a week after messing around with chemicals" Shikamaru replied "yeah, that's why you're not allowed to take science until you're a third year" Sakura added which made Naruto laugh sheepishly. [Kimiko Hatake, to the head mistress' office] I stared at the intercom speaker with worry as my friends stared at me with the same expression "You should hurry, Lady Tsunade doesn't like to be kept waiting" Sakura whispered in my ear as I stayed rooted to the floor "o-oh...right" I took a deep breath "I'll see you guys later" I waved to them as I walked down the hall and to the office.
I twisted the sleeves of my cardigan as I knocked on the Head Mistress door "Enter" she called from the other side and I opened the door "You wanted to see me?" I asked as I peeked my head in "Yes" She answered while I entered the room fully. I shoved my hands in my pockets as I stood in front of her desk, waiting while she rifled through a drawer on the other side "I want you to do the tasks listed- and I want them done before lunch! After you eat, come back here and I'll have another list ready" I raised a brow at the paper, which only had five things written down. I looked back at her "What about my classes?" "Not to worry, I asked a friend from each of your classes to take notes for you- now get going" "Alright" I bowed "thank you, head mistress" She waved me away as she read another paper and I left. 

I stood out in the, now empty, hall looking at the paper in my hand "Okay, first thing is...take supplies to the art class..that doesn't seem too hard" I pocketed the list only to pull out another piece of paper that had a map, drawn by uncle last night, of the school. "This supply room is near the basement.." a chill ran down my spine, basements are one of my cliche fears but I wasn't sure what I was afraid of more. The halls were eerily empty despite school only being two and a half hours in, or I'm just psyching myself out but nonetheless I was right in front of the door that lead to the basement. It was an old wooden door with all kinds of scratches, colors and odd drawings covering most of it "some of this looks like something Naruto or Kiba would draw.." I glanced around, brow creased with the unsure feeling of being watched; I shook off the feeling and unlatched the 'lock' before grabbing the doorknob and slowly twisting it, the door scraped against the linoleum floor with an ugly creak as I pulled it open. I took one look and immediately felt an uneasy wave crash in my stomach "why'd she send me to do this alone" I whined {Done before lunch!} echoed the words of the head mistress, I gulped and my fear of her outweighed my fear of the basement. So I took a deep breath and exhaled slowly through my nose before putting one foot in front of the other but I couldn't shake the strange feeling of someone watching me, even as I slowly descended into the dimly lit stairwell.
The door slowly slid shut behind me and squeezed my eyes shut as I patted down all my pockets to find my phone. Relief couldn't come quick enough as I felt the hard rectangular shape and I dug it from my pocket, scrambling to turn on the flashlight with shaky hands. The stairwell lit up with the light from the phone, it wasn't an ideal amount of light but it was enough for me to calm down and remember where the door for the art supplies is "bottom of the stairs...second door on the left" I repeated those words until I was a few steps from the bottom the the second flight of stairs. "Second door..left.." I kept my light directed at the door I was supposed to go to, rather than put attention into where I was going "AH!" I lost my footing on one of the steps then fell forward and landed on the cold concrete floor "ow! crap, that hurt" I sat up and shined the light on my stinging knee "at least it's not bleeding" I mumbled then moved the light to my forearm, where my arm nicked a rough edge during the fall, and saw faint spots of blood seeping into the fabric of my sleeve. "This school hates me.." I huff as I stand and dust myself off before going to the art supply door.