I shifted on my feet, sharing a knowing look with Scott.

We're making the cut.

"Your parents are proud!" Coach yelled, walking over to me, shaking my helmet, "Your girlfriend loves ya!"

The guys laughed, and I have Coach an odd look, "Coach, I-I'm straight." I told him.

He paused, "Really?" He asked, utter confusion masking his voice.

I sighed, "Really, Coach."

He hummed, "Learn somethin' new everyday, am I right?" I sighed again, my shoulders sinking, and he continued, "Now, get out there and and show me whatcha got!" He yelled.

🎧🎧 I jumped as the boys around me let out loud cheers and yells, storming out onto the field.

I took a deep breath, readying myself, "Here goes nothing."

The play started, and the ball was passed around, before landing in Scott's net. He paused for a moment, before turning on his heel, and taking off towards the goal.

I ran to his far right as he went to the goal, blocking one attack, but taking a hard shove to the ground by the devil himself.

Jackass Whittwhore.

He pulled his helmet up, and sent Scott a devilish smirk before shoving his helmet back down, storming away.

I held out my gloved hand, and Scott took it, a dark glare on his face, "You get Jackson, I get the goal."

I looked over at the douche bag, and bit my lip, "Ar-are you sure?"

Scott's hard glare softened, and he gave my arm a reassuring squeeze, "Come on Katherine. We can do this! Or are you too scared?" He teased.

My eyes narrowed, and I pushed away from Scott, "I'm not scared." I told him, pausing, "Just...mildly nervous."

He grinned lightly, and I flanked Scott as the second whistle blew, following him as he expertly dodged the attacks.

Jackson slowly gained on Scott, and I sped up, sending a hard shove into Jackson's chest, enjoying every moment of his fall as Scott scored our point.

Scott turned around, throwing his arms up, cheering along with the team and everyone in the stands.

The team circled around Scott, shoving him in a congratulatory motion, making me grin.

We're actually fitting in.

Jackson huffed, going to get up, and I felt a slight pang of guilt hit me as I watched him wince in pain.

"Here." I said, holding my gloved hand out for him.

He looked up from his spot on the field, and his eyes sparkled with slight surprise, before they darkened and narrowed to small slits as he gave me a crippling glare.

He slapped my hand away, "I'm fully capable of getting up on my own, fishy." He spat, growling something under his breath, stomping away.

Well, this fishy just beat you, so suck it.

I grinned at myself, beginning to giggle at the thought of Jackson's face as he hit the ground.

Pure vulnerability and distaste, like a kid who just dropped his fresh ice cream cone.

"McCall One!" Coach yelled, motioning to my brother, "Get over here!"

I looked to the stands as Scott talked to Coach, meeting Allison's eyes. She gave me a happy smile, waving.