Chapter 3: Loss and Rejection

Alright, this is where the prologue ends and then I will launch into the actual story. I wanted you guys to get a feel for the character as he was before and what happened to make him who he is later on. Now that this is done please enjoy the story. Pic of Arthur on the top. All rights to pic do not belong to me ^^

Chapter 3: Loss and Departure

with a sinking feeling in my gut and trembling all over I dropped the bags and slowly backed up, my fear making my wolves senses heighten. Their eyes glowed dangerously and they snarled hatefully at me. The only thing that stood between me and them was Serf, snarling viciously and snapping at them with his teeth bared. One snapped dangerously close to me, making me let out a little scream, before Serf snapped at him, making him back off.

For that I was grateful. Right now my fear was literally in my throat. With just one wrong move I would scream bloody murder. When they realized they couldn't come any closer to me they stopped advancing and instead shifted. Shifted into the person I hated and feared with a passion. Dan stood there, red eyes glowing with nothing but pants on.

And oh so slowly everyone else started to shift, no doubt his possy. I didn't care about them though, my gaze was riveted on Dan. His tan, muscled chest glinted in the sun but it was the sinister grin he wore that froze me in place. My brain screamed at me to run but my body continued to do something else. Blood roared in my ears as my heart beat frantically from the fear.

His grin got wider and pointed at my bags, but I didn't remove my gaze from his.

"What you got there?" He asked.

Taking a deep breath I built up my dissapeared voice.

"None of your business. Just leave me alone. What I'm doing has nothing to do with you," I replied back, voice trembling.

As soon as his eyes turned that blood chilling red I knew I said the wrong thing. But in this situation it didn't matter what I said. They wouldn't back off without leaving an injury or more on me. He took slow, large strides toward me, making me scramble back and Serf's growls of warning louder and louder. However, it did nothing to stop him.

I kept backing up until I hit a wall and my heart instantly dropped like a stone into my stomach. Especially, when I looked back and saw that disturbing smile growing bigger than before. This time I could feel myself shaking, all of me, and couldn't stop it. With big eyes I watched as he got close to me and reached out. Instantly, I squeezed my eyes closed, not wanting to see what was coming.

And when I felt my shirt bunch up near my collar I couldn't control my fear anymore. In that moment I let out a blood curling scream and lashed out. But what came after wasn't a punch like I expected. No, instead it was Dan's own scream of pain. Surprised, my eyes flew open and nearly gapped at the scene before me.

Serf had sunk his teeth into his neck and hung there for dear life as Dan tried desperately to get him off. Everyone else's face matched what I felt. Yet, like an idiot, I simply stood there and stared before I finally understood Serf was giving me time to run. Snapping out of my funk I darted to the right only to be grabbed by a hand and shoved into the ground. My head bounced off the ground and before I could stop it I let out a whimper as stars danced in front of my eyes.

Head fuzzy, I tried to get up again but my arms buckled out from underneath me, making me hit the ground once again. Instantly a hiss of pain passed by my lips as I sweared inwardly. If I couldn't get up than I was just another punching bag for them. I didn't want to waste this chance. Once again I got up but was pushed back down even more forcefully than before, a laugh ringing in the air.

How I heard that I have no clue but it didn't deter me. No, I just needed to push even harder. As my wolf senses urged me to run I didn't. Instead I laid there on the ground motionless. Judging by how I only felt one hand then that meant that one was preventing me from escaping and the rest were helping Dan get Serf off of him.