e i g h t

"Murder House was completely better than Asylum!" Dan said laughing.

They were debating on which season of American Horror Story to watch. But of course, they had their differences.

"No way! Asylum was way better than Murder House!" Phil shouted at Dan.

"You keep thinking that, Philly! Let's just watch Freak Show." Dan said whilst Phil, who was smiling, was staring at Dan, nodding his head in agreement.

Once they were twenty minutes in, there was a knock at the door.

Dan groaned and slowly lifted the red and black plaid blanket that laid upon him and Phil.

"Can you pause it?" Dan asked Phil.

"Of course, Danny."

Dan opened the door which revealed to be his mother standing there.

"Uh. Hi." He said.

"I was just making sure you both were okay! Are you having fun?" She said.

"Um. Yeah mum." He said back to her.

And as oblivious as Phil is to how much Dan's mom wanted to know if they were together, he shouted at her from the bed.

"We just started Freak Show!" He said happily.

"Freak Show?" She said a bit concerned but mostly confused.

"American Horror Story, mum. Get with the times." Dan shook his head and laughed.

He heard Phil giggling from the bed and smirked at him.

"Well okay, then. Oh, Phil, I'm glad Danielle has a new friend. It's been ages since she's had one over." His mother said.

"Okay. Bye mum!" He said and shut the door.

Dan's face was hot with embarrassment as he sat back down on the bed.

"Freak Show?" Phil asked.

"Freak Show." Dan said sighing with relief.

They both laughed it off then pressed play.

"Wait." Dan said and got up, again, and shut off the lights and closed the blinds.

Phil laughed at how fast Dan had done it. He was almost like The Flash. Dan kicked off the slippers he was wearing and jumped into his bed next to Phil.

They continued watching 3 episodes straight until Dan finally realized what had happened almost a whole episode ago.

They were holding hands.

I don't know how this happened, thought Dan.

He glanced at Phil out of the corner of his eye to see him watching the show intently, almost as if he was there himself.

Dan chuckled, but didn't realize it was semi loud.

"What?" Phil laughed.