Chapter Seven- Touring the Clubhouse

Start from the beginning

"No, no!" She said impatiently. "This one goes here, that one goes there!" She emphasized to Connor. A green screwdriver appeared from her ring, and she sealed the covering in place- with the proper screws.

The black and white screen shut off, and was immediately replaced with reruns of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. 

"Sweet!" Wally and Robin vaulted over the couch and sat in Connor's regular spot, while the rest of the team looked at Jaina, surprised.

"How did you do that?" Artemis asked, watching Jaina plug the correct wires back into place, hiding them behind the TV shelf.

Jaina shrugged. "I like to fix things, even tinker. Something Hal and John discovered when I tried to see how the Watchtower's computer worked."

"You've been to the Watchtower!?" The team shouted in unison. 

"Yeah." Jaina was bewildered at their strange looks. "Is that a bad thing?"

"What did you go there for?" M'gann asked, floating over to the girl and placing a couple cookies in her hand. The cinnamon smell reminded Jaina of something. But what?

"I had to get my mind read." Jaina made a face that showed she clearly did not like her privacy being violated in that way. "This Manhunter guy had to make sure I was trustworthy enough to join your little team."

The team relaxed a little at that.

"Perhaps we should continue with the tour?" Aqualad suggested.

Rocket agreed a little too quickly, making Jaina look at her suspiciously. But she followed Zatanna and M'gann, her new roommates, as they continued the tour.

"And this will be your room!" M'gann pressed a button on a control panel built into the wall, opening a door to the bedroom next to hers and Zatanna's.

Jaina entered her room without the entourage. There was a bed with some sheets and a blanket, a dresser, and a mirror, but that was all. The walls were carved out of stone, creating an earthy feel, but the room felt so empty.

"It's...nice." Jaina supplied. Tinkering with the TV had taken her mind off of it for a little bit, but now she remembered that she wouldn't be with Hal and John anymore.

"Is something wrong?" Kaldur asked.

Jaina shrugged, looking back at his green eyes. "I guess. This is all really overwhelming." She laughed breathlessly.

M'gann gasped. "I know what can cheer you up!" She grabbed Jaina by the hand, and flew down the hall with her.

Jaina used her wing to help herself fly, instead of being dragged down the hall by M'gann, and screeched to a stop before she could hit M'gann.

"Sorry," M'gann giggled, placing a hand over her mouth. "I get really excited a lot."

"Don't worry." Jaina assured her, rubbing her wrist. They had stopped in the garage, and the team soon caught up with them.

"What's that?" She asked, pointing to a red ball with blue embellishments resting on the landing pad, elevated above the rest of the garage.

M'gann smiled proudly. "It's my Martian bioship!" She raised her green hand towards the ball, fingers splayed. Jaina could feel a slight, dull pulsing at the edge of her mind as M'gann concentrated, and soon the ball had grown into a giant red ship at least three times as big as Jaina's ship.

"No. Way." Jaina couldn't hold back a grin. "This is awesome! you've got your own ship too?" She asked, starting up the boarding ramp extended towards her.

"Yes!" M'gann clapped her hands, glad that she had managed to make Jaina smile.

"Wait, what do you mean, 'too'?" She asked.

"Well, I had a ship, but I kind of crashed it into the moon, so I'm not sure what's gonna happen to it." Jaina said nonchalantly.

"What!?" The team exclaimed, again.

Jaina raised an eyebrow. "Do you guys do that often?" She asked.

Thankfully, Hal and John flew down the hall at that moment, saving Jaina from an explanation.

Hal put a hand on Jaina's shoulder. "Hey guys, sorry to interrupt, but we have to take Jaina to go get her stuff." Without waiting for an answer from the team, Hal and John led Jaina down the hall and to the mission room. Soon enough, the team could hear their designations being read aloud by the computer.

"Um...what was that all about?" Wally asked suspiciously.

Batman, who had followed the lanterns to the garage, looked at the team emotionlessly.

"Jaina was found, without her memory, only a few days ago. She has amnesia."

Zatanna and M'gann gasped in sympathy, and everyone's eyes went wide.

Batman nodded. "The Lanterns informed me that the Guardians of the Universe were not able to find her memories, and neither was Martian Manhunter. Both insist that there is, mentally, an impenetrable wall blocking Jaina's memory from before she met the Lanterns.

"She has had an incident where she remembered an event that may or may not be from her past. Can I count on you to help her remember?"

The team looked at each other. This new girl was getting stranger and stranger by the minute.

At last, Artemis spoke up. "Count on it."