Chapter 12

MONDAY CONTINUATION

You'll always be my favorite 'what if'

~

I am fine. I am completely fine.

I hide in the Janitor's closet for the rest of first period.

Luckily for me, I brought all my books with me, meaning I don't have to go retrieve them from Spanish class and get into a confrontation with the teacher about not coming back to class.

As soon as the bell rings, signalling the end of class, I race out of the closet (no pun intended), down the hall to where Vic's locker is (and also, unfortunately, Oliver's).

He's standing at his locker, putting his books away.

Out of the corner of my eye, I see Oliver looking at me, and his figure starts to approach me.

A image of what he might have looked like fucking Danielle, pops into my head, and I shake it away quickly.

I can't deal with this right now. I can't talk to Oliver, I can't face him. Not now. I have to do what's best for me.

I tap on Vic's shoulder.

He turns around to face me.

"Kellin, where have you been?" He asks worriedly.

I avoid his question. "Vic, you're in love with me, right?"

He gives me a funny look and nods slowly. "What's all this about, Kells?"

I take a deep breath. "You love me, yeah? So kiss me."

"Wait, why-"

"Just kiss me." I order, and then softer, "please."

He looks at me for a minute, contemplating something in his mind.

Then his hand cups my cheek, and he brings my face close to his.

Our lips touch.

My eyes are still open, and for some horrible reason, my eyes connect with Oliver's.

He's giving me this stunned, confused, and somewhat hurt look.

Hurt? What does he have to be hurt about?

I close my eyes, and push myself against Vic.

Our lips move together in sync. His lips are soft, and smooth, just how I imagined they would be.

I put my one hand on his shoulder for support, and lean into his touch more.

He's a good kisser, an amazing kisser in fact.

Butterflies float around in my stomach.

It's so good, but it's so wrong.

I get the feeling that we're being watched, so I open my eyes.

People are staring at us.

I almost laugh. I forgot we were standing in the middle of a school hallway, two boys making out, one of whom is supposed to have a girlfriend.

I ignore them.

I close my eyes once again, and focus on the feeling of his Vic's lips on mine.

My mind starts to wander, to pretty hazel eyes, and I mentally smack myself back into reality.

Now's not the time to be thinking of Oliver. Not when a beautiful boy, a boy who's my best friend, is kissing me, is in love with me.

I pull away when the need for air is absolutely necessary.

Vic's eyes slowly open, and he looks at me dazedly.