The plan

Maerwynn

My mouth opened wide as I let out a hefty yawn. I then groaned and sat up straight blowing a strand of disobedient hair out of my face, the knock that woke me up beforehand sounded again.

“For the good Lords sake, can I not sleep on the Sabbath day, it’s Sunday!” I grunted almost viciously. 

“Oh hush before I give your highness a few good smacks on her arse!” screeched an obviously vexed Annabeth behind the door.

I giggled both startled and amused by her obvious annoyance towards me, it was only once in a while that I was able to push Anna’s buttons and as evil as it may sound, I loved it. I could hear a furious voice mumbling at the men who stood guarding my door. I could almost imagine how much discomfort my guards must have been in; Anna was not one to be trifled with.

I cleared my throat and wiped away the tears that had been forming in my eyes and decided that I would put all three of them out of their misery. The doors swung open, the guards obviously taking the sound as a signal to let her in, either that or they were feeling extremely uncomfortable with the petite girl growling at them.

Anna marched in and stopped right in front of me her hands on her hips; I quickly threw my hand over my mouth to hide the smile that was forming, this only made her glare deepen.

I laughed not being able to hold it in anymore and could see the beginnings of a smile threatening Anna’s face.

“Oh come on!” I screeched, “You know you cannot help yourself,’ I said a giggle leaving my mouth.

Anna smirked dangerously and sauntered closer to me. “I know, I know I cannot help myself when it comes to big, strong, powerful men.” She began; it was now my turn to glare.

“Must everything be so sexual to you!” I grumbled, a blush forming on my cheeks.

“Once again.” She began, rolling her eyes. “You’re 17 and much too innocent Mae.”

“Actually, I’m 17 and not a whore.” I shot back, glaring dangerously at her.

Anna ignored me and made her way over to my grand window and then quickly pulled the curtains back. I instantly threw my hands over my eyes in a bid to protect them from the blinding sunlight and groaned.

“Oh, it burns!” I screeched dramatically, pretending to collapse onto my bed.

“You’re like a vampire Mae, you never leave these walls!” Anna groaned. My mood immediately dulled as she came to sit beside me on the bed, I then felt my body slump to the ground by its own will. “It’s as if you’re a prisoner.” She finished quietly.

I sighed and stood up. “Yes I very much know that. There’s no need to constantly remind me.” I turned around to face Annabeth – who was sitting on my bed looking at me with remorseful eyes and slumped shoulders. I quickly turned away; if there’s anything I hate the most in the world – its pity.

“Could you please run my bath? I need to bathe.” I asked her, being careful not to look at her.

I heard the padding of her feet disappear as she walked into my bathing chambers and new it was safe to let out the deep sigh I had been holding in.

I made my way over to my window and placed my head against the cold glass pane, I revelled at the slight chill it gave me before wrapping my hands around the metal bars that locked themselves across it. Titanium – almost impossible to move and I didn’t really know why it was there, to keep people out, or keep me in.

“Maerwynn, you’re bath is ready.” I head Anna call. I held in a sigh and pushed myself of the window and in the direction of my bathing chambers.

I entered the chambers and kept my head down, and my eyes away from Anna. I felt her presence behind me as she helped me slip my chemise off. I wrapped my hands around my breasts and dipped my big toe into the water, the temperature felt warm enough so I stepped into the bath, eventually completely submerging myself.

I then came back up above the water and laid myself against the side of the bath. Anna passed me a jug which I used to pour water against my skin, and scrubbed myself with the brush.

Eventually when I felt that I was clean enough, I nodded towards Anna who helped me out of the bath. As I was taking out my other foot I slipped sending both me and Anna tumbling towards the ground.

“Oh my, your highness! Are you okay?” Anna asked quickly, panic evident in her eyes.

I stared at her for a moment before busting into a fit of giggles – Anna soon followed.

I’m not too sure how long we stayed there, me inappropriately naked, laughing far too much for a ‘regal’ princess. Anna’s laughter eventually seized. I stopped soon after looking at her thoughtful face.

“No! I know that look from anyway, what are you thinking?” I asked my dearly beloved, always misbehaving friend.

Anna paused, her finger on her chin in a quizzical manor before answering me, “I’m thinking it’s time to leave these castle walls.”

“Excuse me?!” I replied quickly, lifting myself off the ground. “Anna, not only is that crazy, but it’s impossible!” I finished.

Annabeth immediately rolled her eyes at my protesting. “Stop overthinking Mae, it’s simple. We’ll disguise you as a servant!”

I crossed my arms as a response and I’m sure my face was full of scepticism.

“We won’t go far; we’ll stay between the castle walls and the guard walls. You’ll still be safe, just not confined to this stupid castle!” she then said, obviously hoping to get my agreement on this plan.

I showed no sign of compliance as I stood deadly still. The stakes were too high! I just wouldn’t take the risk.

Annabeth groaned. “Oh please Mae, you know how much you want to so this! Stop holding yourself back – please, it will be fun.”

I paused for a minute and thought over Anna’s absolutely ridiculous plan – an agreed with it.

Surprisingly, for the first time in what may seem like millenniums Anna was right. I had been stuck in those walls for far too long, and escaping would do me more good than it would bad.

Anna began to skip around the room, clapping much like an excited young child – the excitement was obvious in her face and I was feeling ecstatic to, but nervous also.

I bit my lip softly, and began to fiddle with my own fingers, “Do you think we can really do this, I’ll be devastated if this results in you getting into trouble.” I stated nervously. Anna paused mid dance and sauntered over to me. She cupped my face in both my hands and gave me a disapproving look.

“Just until mid-day princess, until then no worrying.” She whispered into my ear. I sighed, that was not the comforting words I had expected, but it was Annabeth nonetheless – I shouldn’t have expected much. “Now let’s get ready.” She screeched.

“Annabeth!” I boomed back immediately. I glared at her as she smiled sluggishly at me.

“Sorry, let’s go.” She then again said, in a voice just above whisper.

As she dragged me back into my bathing chamber all I could do was pray, ask God for forgiveness, and bed him to let this plan go on without a fault.