Visitors

It had been two short months since Nicholi and I had moved into our house together in North Pole. Our college experience was going really well, despite Nics jealousy towards the men in our class who were in awe at my beauty, knowlege and strength for a female. 

Of course they were immeadiately told by myself that I was taken so they backed down slightly. Still here and there I would catch them discussing me behind my back to their friends.

It didn't take long for me to gain a bit of unwanted popularity though. It was like dropping a cigaret in field of dry grass. 

One moment it was just and in the next there was a fire buring wildly and out of control.

Soon I was getting greeted by people I didn't even know.

But that was my school life. It was a Saturday morning and I was sitting in the piano room putting together a new composition that represented my life at the time.

I lifted my head slightly to glance at the door as it opened and I smiled as Nic waltzed elegantly into the room pushing a tea cart.

"I was just about to ask you if you wanted to get the kettle started." I said as I finished writing the last measure of notes. Rising to my feet I held open my arms waiting for my embrace.

"I know, you always have tea after you write your music." Nic replied as he nuzzled my jaw line gently.

Smirking I leaned away to look into his beautiful blue eyes. "Predictable." I muttered

The corner of his mouth quirked up as he took my chin between his fingers and pulled my face forward to plant a chaste kiss upon my lips. Even after his lips were gone I still felt their presence. The echo of a tingle, boiling and frothing from my lips and down my body.

"No, I just know you very well." He winked before slipping away to pour us cups of tea. 

We moved to the window seat that overlooked the meadow on the north side of the house and sipped our tea as we listened to the music my father wrote for me from my ipod. 

Simple moments like these were my favorite and I treasured every second.

"Have you heard word from your parents?" I asked as I sipped and swallowed the last of my tea.

Nic nodded. "They plan to come calling in just an hours time." 

"Is Jamie and Tyler coming?" I asked.

"I believe so."

"Is it safe?"

Nicholi's lips pressed into a hardline.

I knew that expression all to well. He was uncertain therefore against whatever was to come.

Of course he would never deny a visit from family and firmly believed that his parents would never put us in harms way on purpose so he was allowing this. 

Still that didn't keep his nerves from running high. We were just two hybrids and soon there would be four vampires, two ancient in age and two new borns with a deep thirst for blood, possibly even the very blood that ran through our veins.

"It will be okay." I said as I pulled him into my arms and kissed his cheek. "I trust them."

"So do I, but even a loved one can turn on you especially when they are tempted with blood so sweet many vampires would do anything to get their hands on it. There is a reason why our parents shelter us Renesmee."

I felt my heart sputter as he said that. The only reason I thought was because I was able to get hurt.

"Why?" I finally got up the courage to ask.

I watched him take his finger nail and drag it across his arm at the crease of his elbow. Immeadiately the area began to ooze blood. 

"Go on and take a whiff." He said as he stuck his arm right under my nose.

My nostrils were overwhelmed with the sweetest scent to ever cross my nose. Even sweeter than sugar, flowers, honey suckles and my parents favorite meadow. Then my mouth began to water. I wanted to taste his blood, I wanted to suck it from his veins.

I felt a growl began to grow in my chest and then make its way up and out of my mouth. My teeth barred and I began hissing.

In the next half second Nicholi lapped at the blood and then ran his tongue over the wound to seal the cut.

"Like I said," He began as he began rubbing my shoulders to relax me. ",the smell is that sweet."

I touched my lips with the tips of my fingernails as I recalled what had just happened. I had been around human blood before and was never this tempted. So what was wrong with me, why did I want to suck him dry?

"I-I don't understand." I said, my voice uneasy and trembling.

He took my hands into his and cradled them gently.

"Our blood is a terrible temptation. Not only do we have the lure of human in our blood but we have the lust of vampire in it as well. Just like a vampires scent lures in human when combined with a human it lures in vampires."

"But your parents never hurt you and my parents never hurt me."

He rose his finger. "Ah, but you are your mother and fathers child. I believe your mother was a human while she was with your father right?"

I nodded my head, waiting for more explaination.

"Your family is immune to your blood because it is part of them."

"But that doesn't explain your case."

Nicholi shrugged his shoulders as he got to his feet. 

"Love is a powerful think Renesmee." He said before bringing me to my feet and wrapping his arm around my waist. He kissed my cheek and then escorted me outside through the french doors.

"Ah, my handsome boy." Anne said as she glided forward and embraced him. Taking his face between her hands she kissed him on both cheeks and then gave me the same greeting. "Renesmee, you look more beautiful every time I see you." 

I blushed. "Thank you Mrs. Cromwell."

"Call me Anne." She said.

Then something caught my eye in my periphrial vision and I looked up to see Tyler and Jamie coming towards us, Charles was beside them.

The first thing I looked at was their eyes which were now a red/orange shade. My heat beat sped up slightly.

For a moment I thought I saw Jamie's eyes widen so I held my breath.

"Renesmee." She said as they stopped fifteen feet from where I stood with Nic and Anne.

"Hello Jamie. Tyler. Charles." I greeted each with a nod. "Welcome to our home."

Jamie looked around quickly before giving her attention back to me.

"So you and Nicholi are getting married." 

My mouth popped open as I looked at her. 

Where on earth did she hear that, cause last time I checked he had asked me and I said no.

"I can see it." she added.

"See it?"

"When I look at someone I get a vision of the person they will be with." She turned her head and gave Tyler a soppy look. 

"We," I said gesturing between Nic and myself. ",are not getting married any time soon."

"So you think." She laughed. "I know exactly when it will happen."

"When? How?"

"The vision starts out blurry and the closer the time is the better I can see it. You and Nic are just about crystal clear in my vision."

Suddenly my mouth dried as I realized what this ment. 

If Jamie was right about the way her gift worked it was only a matter of time which meant soon the first domino would finally tip resulting in a chain reaction.