Confession

"Twenty-eight... twenty-nine... thirty! Ready or not, here I come!" I ran to a tree and climbed until I was at the very top, where no one could see me. Reiner finished counting and was, now, looking for me, Annie, Bertholdt, Eren, Mikasa, Armin, Jean, Sasha, Ymir, Christa, and Connie.

I steadied my breathing, trying not to make any noise. I heard a rustle behind me. I turned around, quickly, afraid that Reiner has found me. Instead, I found Bertholdt. He looked at me with a shocked face, but kept quite, for Reiner might find us.

"I'm... sorry. Do you want me to leave? I can, if you want.", I said in a low voice.

"N-no... it's okay. I'm pretty sure you don't have anywhere to go.", he said, slightly blushing.

"Thanks. Do you think he'll make it?", I asked.

"Maybe...", was his reply. The deal was that if Reiner found all of us under 30 minutes, then we had to play what he wanted to play. If not, then the last person will choose.

"Found you, love birds!", yelled Reiner, scaring me. I slipped and almost fell, but just in time, Bertholdt grabbed my wrist and pulled me back up. He pulled me a little too hard, that I collided into his chest. My face heated up as I bit my lip. Too close, too close, too close.

"Th-thanks." I said turning my head, so he wouldn't see my red face.

"Um, you're welcome."

"Hey! Why don't you get a room!" Reiner yelled, laughing. Embarrassed, I quickly got out of Bertholdt's grasp and jumped down with Bertholdt right behind me. I looked up to him and smiled, he was like two foot taller than me. Gosh, I'm freaking short.

"Who did you find?", I asked Reiner.

"Eren, Jean, Connie, Sasha, Christa, Armin, you two, and... Ymir." Only Annie and Mikasa left.

"What were you two doing in the trees together? You weren't making out with my future wife, were you?", he asked, making the tall brunette blush madly.

"The hell, Reiner! That's fucked up!", I yelled as I punched his arm. He only just laughed.

"I'm only kidding, (y/n). Though, I would love to see you tonight.", he said, tucking a strand of hair behind my ear. I slapped his hand away and crossed my arms.

"In your dreams! Don't you have other important things to do like... finding Mikasa and Annie."

"Shit! I forgot!", and with that, he took off.

"Finally. I thought he wouldn't leave.", I turned around, seeing Bertholdt just standing there.

"Hey, aren't you coming?", I asked. He looked at me, then nodded. We walked for awhile, talking to each other.

"Doesn't he just annoy you, sometimes?", I asked, looking up at him.

"N-not really.", he looked down, biting his lip.

"Are you serious? He's such a pain in the ass."

"I don't m-mind really. I'm used to it."

"Of course. But what if, I was your girlfriend and he said that to me?", realizing what I just said, I felt the heat rise to my cheeks. I looked away, not wanting him to see.

"I-I don't k-know. Maybe hit him?", he stuttered. Wait, Bertholdt being violent? Come on! He's cute and innocent.

"Really? I'm pretty sure you wouldn't, considering you probably don't even like me.", I said, jokingly. He froze, suddenly, hanging his head, sadly.

"What's wro-", I started to say, but he cut me short.

"I do."

"Wh-what?", my eyes widened at his confession. He, finally, looked up and he was blushing, furiously.