Let the 'Fun' Begin

After about two seconds, I felt a scaly texture come up to my hand. Hiccup's shouting stopped and he started cheering. I jerked my (e/c) eyes open, the female Night Fury was sitting there, her head under my hand, her eyes shut. At this sight I couldn't help but relax and smile. She broke away gently after that, staring at me with those puppy eyes.

Hiccup ran over and hugged me, twirling me in circles. I was so shocked by this big act that my cheeks started burning as I laughed along. Why is he doing this? Does he...no it cannot be..Im gonna shake that thought... 

He set me down.

"YOU DID IT!" he cheered, Toothless started firing plasma blasts into the sky above us, making it purple-blue. This of course, attracted the attention of the gang.

"So, what are you going to call her?" he suddenly asked with a tone of content in his voice, calling Toothless off.

---Hiccup's POV---
"AMAZING!" I cheered, seeing (y/n) achieve something unimaginable. She. Just. Owned. The. Next. Night. Fury. Isn't that amazing?!

I ran forward and hugged her before holding her by the hands and twirling her out of happiness and excitement.

"So, what are you going to call her?" I asked, turning around quickly to order Toothless to stop with the celebrations.

---Your POV---
"C-Call her...?" I stuttered, holding my hands together at my waist, I thought for a moment, chuckling a little as she came up under my arm.

"I think I'm going to call her Lazuli." (sorry I suck at names XP) I smile, wrapping that arm around the Night Fury, my long (h/c) hair coming over my shoulder. She seemed to like her new name. It seems Hiccup is going to train me...I mean, he doesnt have a choice does he? He's the only one who owns a Night Fury other than me now...so therefore he's the only one who knows all about them. I sigh, thinking of all the times we'll have together...all the-

Wait...why am I thinking this?! What's this feeling?! God I need to get this out of my head... 

---3rd Person---
Hiccup stares at you blankly. His dark chocolate brown eyes scanning your face. "(f/n)? Everything okay?" he asks, kneeling down next to you. Being awaken from your thoughts by the sound of his voice, you nod. "Yeah I'm fine...thanks Hiccup.."

The Chief stands up, still having doubts. "Well, we can start by learning how to fly!" Hiccup bursts out. You look up and him.

---Your POV---
I wonder how he gets so confident....

"Okay. Where should I start?"

"Lazuli doesnt have a saddle yet, and it's going to take time to get one from Gobber...." Hiccup scratches his chin a while. Thor he looks cute doing that...wait NO I-I gahhhhh...! Stop it! 

"You know what, I'm going to let you ride Toothless...not by yourself though! I'm gonna control him and you sit at the back!" he suggests, climbing onto the dark-grey scaled Night Fury. Hiccup offers a hand.

"Umm Hiccup, I don't think-"

"Oh come on! It'll be fun! You've never felt the rush and joy of flying a dragon, so this'll be great! For you I mean." he gives a slight chuckle.

"Well what about Lazuli?" I ask, placing a hand on her head.

"Not a worry, she can fly independently beside us!" he beamed, the smile crept up a little further up his cheek. I reluctantly agree...oh man what the heck did I just get myself into?! 

Just when I was about to go forward to join Hiccup, with Lazuli at my heels, I heard a series of roars coming our way.

"Land ho!" Astrid shouts, raising a fist in the air as Stormfly came in for a rather rough landing. Dirt and grass splatted all over me. Great...just great.  

---3rd Person---
A frown dawned upon your face as you try desperately to brush the dirt off.

"Really Astrid?" you mumble softly to yourself. The rest of the gang lands next to her, all of them dismounting their dragons. Astrid spots the new Night Fury and me standing next to it.

"Woah what's going on here?" she asks, flicking her hands. Hiccup sighs and gets off of Toothless, walking toward the group.

"(F/n) here just got the trust and ownership of the new Night Fury. So now I'm teaching her how to fly." Hiccup explains, doing little hand movements. You stand innocently, hands behind your back.

"Huh. Congrats (y/n). Have fun training!" Astrid chuckles, crossing her arms.

---Hiccup's POV---
Just when I was about to let (y/n) have the time of her life, my gang flies in. Great way to ruin a lesson guys...

After explaining to Astrid, I have a feeling something's not right...my guts sometimes never lie. *sigh* guess I'll have to find out soon enough

"You guys should probably get going. Besides, you have your assignments." I try to get them to go. Well they do have chores to do in fact.

---3rd Person---
"True. We'll be off then, good luck (y/n)!" Astrid waves us goodbye as she and Stormfly take off with the rest. You take in a deep breath.

"Phew." Hiccup smiles.

"Come on (y/n)! Times a wasting!" he says, running and climbing onto Toothless' saddle, extending his hand once again.

---Your POV---
Man am I glad they're gone...

I turn to see Hiccup mounted on Toothless, his hand graciously offering to help me up onto the saddle. I feel my cheeks heat up and I stare at his face, so full of life...thanks to my wits I quickly snap out the feeling and takes his hand gently.

"So, any idea where we're gonna go?" I ask, trying to sound brave on my first dragon flight.

"Oh come on, its not so bad that you have to be that nervous (y/n). Just enjoy it!" he says over his shoulder. "Now, hold on to me." he orders with a tone of seriousness in his voice.

"U-Umm...okay?" I reply, gently wrapping my hands around his waist. Oh Thor... I could feel his tension. It wasn't fear or nervousness...but rather an excited kind of tension. My arms started to shake, taking deep breaths to try to calm myself. Come on (y/n)...you can do this...