[4]

"I guess this is where you leave me," Colton said rather reluctantly as she glanced over at the door they had just arrived in front of, "You know where you're going?"

Bella nodded, "I think I have this map memorised by now." Colton sent another look towards the door, "You'll be fine."

"I know," She agreed with a sigh, "Doesn't mean I'll like it, though."

"Meet you at administrations after?"

"See you then, if I survive," Colton dragged out as she began to open the door and Bella began to walk off in the direction of her AP Biology class.

Knowing her strengths, Bella didn't attempt to wave and walk away at the same time, but instead gave Colton a faint smile and then disappeared down the halls. Colton let out a prolonged exhale before shaking off her shoulders and fully opening the door to her AP History class.

From what Colton had observed, it was impossible for a Cullen to go unnoticed, no matter the setting. Edward Cullen with his ungodly good looking face and perfectly lean body that was draped in his chair like he was casually posing for Vogue was what Colton first noticed as she entered the room. She had to make sure that her words were intelligible as she introduced herself to Ms Christoff despite the fact that she wanted to return the stare that was piercing into her skull like poker digging for some sort of discovery in a blazing furnace.

"Glad to have you with us, Ms Black, you can take a seat next to Mr Cullen." The grimace-smile that Colton gave the measly women was to cover up the amount of spite she now held for the teacher for doing the exact opposite of what Colton had been attempting to telepathically project to her. She wanted to be in the seat that was the farthest away from the creature she was now making her way towards and it felt as if she was walking over hot coals with each step.

Attempting to be polite, Colton kept as pleasant of an expression as she could possibly muster as she took up the seat at the desk adjacent to Mr Cullen's, or more Edward if she was being informal which Colton prayed for not only her sanity but for her life, that they would never move passed the Ms Black and Mr Cullen stage in their relationship. AP History was also not a very discursive subject, which hopefully meant that she wouldn't ever have to interact with her neighbour.

"Alright," Ms Christoff called the attention of her classroom, instantly silencing the voices of the once chattering students. "For the next few classes, we're going to be working in pairs."

Oh good god. Colton all but bit her tongue to stop the foul curse that instantly entered into her mind. But she attempted to remain hopeful, maybe Ms Christoff would take pity of her and pair her up with the boring look blonde girl to her right who seemed a lot less threatening to Colton's sanity then the boy to her left.

"Everyone in the middle to my right, look to your left, everyone in the middle on my left, look to your right." Ms Christoff ordered plainly and Cole felt her stomach, and her hopes, drop. "The person you are looking at is now your partner for the next two weeks or so as we go about learning about the causes of Cuban Missle Crisis. You may have a moment to introduce yourself and become acquainted and then we will go one to discussing your assignments."

Colton remained plastered to her seat, eyes set forward and her entire body stiff as the students around her began to quietly introduce themselves. This was not happening. This is not happening.

She heard someone clear their throat and almost fainted. This is happening.

"Hello." Oh sweet hell, his voice was like honey coated in gravel and Colton felt her muscles subtly contract and release all at once. In a manner that could possibly be counted as robotic, Colton stiffly turned to face her partner, who looked just as uncomfortable as she did. It was then that she was fully submerged by his blatant attractiveness, the very sight of her crashing over her like a wave. Perfectly tousled bronze hair and firelight topaz eyes. "I'm Edward Cullen."