"I hate feeling this way. I want to hate you. I want to claw your face out and leave and never come back, but I can't. You and this stupid mate bond," I ranted. "I, Nova Moore, re-... reje-... God, I can't even say it anymore. Do me a favor and put me out of my misery. Let me go home," I asked. I hated that I couldn't even bare the thought of leaving him. I didn't want to feel like this anymore.

"Nova, you're being ridiculous and emotional," Elias said, dismissing me.

"Am I, Elias? You chose Kendra before you met me and you still do apparently," I said. He shook his head.

"No, I choose you," he argued. I couldn't take it anymore. I broke down in sobs again. I turned away from him and started walking away.

"Where are you going?" he asked.

"Home," I said over my shoulder.

"You don't know where you're going," he reminded me. I only shrugged and kept walking. I walked towards the trees and quickly found myself lost, but I didn't care. I just kept walking. Eventually, my crying eased and I stopped. I just stopped. What exactly was my plan? Get lost and hope that I somehow find my way home? It was getting dark. I sat against a tree and sighed.

"I'm sorry," I heard from in front of me. I looked up in surprise to see Elias.

"Have you been following me this whole time?" I asked. He only shrugged.

"You didn't think I was going to let you wander off by yourself to get lost in the woods, did you?" he said, sitting across from me. I sighed and leaned my head against the tree. I just couldn't catch a break.

"Elias..." I said. I wasn't sure what I was going to say. At this point, I was just tired.

"I know I shouldn't have... done what I did with Kendra. It was stupid of me and you're right. That's not how mates are supposed to act. I know that nothing I do or say will change what I've done. You are everything to me, and I do chose you, Nova," he said. I sighed and closed my eyes.

"I don't want to fight with you anymore, Elias. I'm tired of fighting," I said tiredly. I felt his hand over mine and squeezed it back. For once, I didn't fight the bond. I relished in the feeling of his hand on mine. I enjoyed the tingles and butterflies and the sensation of feeling safe and protected.

"I don't want to fight either. I know I haven't gone about this the right way, and for that I am sorry. I'll be the perfect mate, I promise," he said. I chuckled and shook my head.

"No you won't," I stopped him. "Regardless of if you're a werewolf or not, you're still a man. And men make mistakes," I said. Elias picked me up easily and placed me in his lap. His hand rubbed over my back, comforting me. I felt like the world couldn't touch us at this moment.

"I don't want to hurt you, Nova. You're not a prisoner here," he said softly.

"Then don't hurt me," I whispered, sitting up just enough to look at him. His hand caressed my cheek, making me sigh. My eyes fluttered at just the touch as I leaned into his hand.

"You're touch... I crave it more every day," I admitted quietly. Elias smiled softly and rubbed his thumb over my cheek.

"I love you, Nova," he said genuinely. I opened my eyes to see his eyes boring into me intensely. My breath caught as he stared at me. I found myself inching forward. I couldn't stop myself even though I wanted to. I sighed in relief as his warm, soft lips pressed against mine. I melted into him as his arms surrounded me. It was only him. All I could think about was him. I tangled my hands in his hair. His body hovered over mine. I don't even remember lying down. His hands roamed my body eagerly. He broke away from the kiss first, but my hungry lips searched for his again.

"Nova, we have to stop," he breathed. I tried to bring his lips back to mine, but he resisted.

"No, please," I asked in a whimper before I could stop myself. He groaned before he let go all together.

"We'll take it slow," he said. "I've already scared you so much. I don't want you to resent me anymore than you already do," he said. I reached out and touched his cheek gently.

"I can't bring myself to resent you anymore. As much as you've done, Elias... I don't hate you. I want to but I can't," I tried to explain.

"Can we go back now?" he asked. I simply nodded.

"We can go home now," I agreed. He stood and offered me a hand. I took it and stood next to him. He didn't let go of my hand and I didn't want him to. We strolled back through the forest at a leisurely pace. It was comfortable and quiet. We'd come to an understanding of sorts. Minnie and Taylor were waiting outside for us. Minnie hugged me as soon as we stepped up to the house.

"Are you okay?" she asked. I nodded and hugged her back.

"Just tired," I said. Elias brought me back to him gently and kissed my head. I wanted to melt into him again. If I were honest with myself, I loved the feeling of Elias' touch. Elias brought me back inside. He took me up to my room and sat me down on the bed. There were no words exchanged. Elias simply took off my shoes and placed them aside. He was on his knee in front of me. He took my hand in his and kissed it.

"Goodnight, my love," he said gently. I felt a longing feeling fill me at the thought of him leaving. I was almost tempted to ask him to stay, but I resisted. I was done fighting with him, but that doesn't mean I was going to let him in fully right of the bat. What he did was still wrong, and he would pay for it as much as I could tolerate.

"Goodnight," I said softly, standing. He gave me one last longing look before he left, closing the door behind him. The pull to follow him and never leave his side was strong, so I threw myself into getting ready for bed. I finally fell asleep dreaming of Elias.