Chapter 48- we may or may not have an audience

Hazel's POV

He waved his hands at me like a maniac, and I smiled in return.

My phone buzzed again, and I wasted no time in reading the text message.

Come on up!

So I did.

It took me a while at first, all those stairs I climbed up on... when I could've taken the elevator....

What? I just didn't happen to see those two huge shiny metal doors right in front of my eyes due to my excitement.

Moving on....

When I finally made it to the rooftop a slight chill made it's way throughout my body. Damn, I should've brought my jacket with me.

"Danny?" I called out.

I was about to step forward to examine the surroundings and hopefully find Danny when a very familiar voice whispered right next to my ear.

"Boo."

"Aaaah!" I shrieked.

When I looked over at the culprit he was too busy laughing his head off to mind that he just scared the shit out if me.

I slapped his shoulder playfully.

"That's not funny you know."

But I had a hard time believing my own words since a smile managed to crawl up on my face.

He eventually calmed down and looked at me with a little twinkle in his eye.

"Happy Birthday Hazel."

I grinned. "Thanks Danny. So you flew all the way over here to tell me happy birthday?"

"Well sort of. And also to give you this."

He said after taking a small box out of his pocket. It was even wrapped up in cute birthday wrapper.

"I didn't know you knew how to wrap gifts."

"Well technically I don't. Celeste helped me out with that."

I laughed at him as he rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly.

"So can I open it?"

"No Hazel, you can't open it it's just for display."

"Hahaha very funny Mr. Sarcastic."

I had a little bit of a hard time removing the plastic carefully since Celeste kind of did too good a job of wrapping it.

Nevertheless, I managed. And I managed to do so without breaking a fingernail. Success!!

A cute velvet box was on the inside. It was so beautiful.

Excitedly, I opened the box and gasped in surprise at the contents.

No it wasn't a ring.

It was a gorgeous necklace with a heart shaped pendant.

The pendant was pure gold, and when I rubbed my fingers over it I could feel how smooth it was.

When I did the same to the backside of it I felt a tiny engraving.
Eagerly I squinted so I could read what had been written.

I love you Hazel Armada