Chapter 4

After getting everything put away I decided I needed some away time. For me that meant heading to my tree. So I locked the door on my way out and headed towards the fields.

  I have been coming to this spot since I was a kid. I feel more at home under that big tree then at my own house. It was a nice day outside so I took my time in getting there.

  I sit down under the shade of the tree and start to try and put the pieces of the last two days together. First there was Henrys demeanor and then came his reaction. What exactly did Henry know? Does it have to do with the recent outbreak of earthquakes?

  Maybe he knew one was going to hit somewhere close by but didn't know exactly what area so he had wanted to save his family and friends just in case the worst case senerio occurred. I mean the Irons always had the most up to date technology, maybe they had some new gadget that gave them insight on earthquakes.

  Then came Beth and her interpretation of Henrys warning. She seemed afraid. I knew she wasn't telling me everything but she told me what I needed. She was going to listen to him and get away from here.

  So where does that leave me?

........................................................................

"John"

"John"

  I open my eyes and look around me and see the field I was in on fire.  A black cloud in the distance forces me to look in its direction and where there was once my village, I see a large pit full of fire.

  I start to run towards the pit to see if I could help anyone but it's as if my feet were being held down by something. I look down to find that my friends are covering my body from my knees down like and anchor.

  Henry and Beth both stare up at me with eyes frozen in fear. I jump back trying to escape them only to fall close to Henrys face. The smell of rotting flesh took my breath from me and I tried to regain my footing.

  That's when I seen it. The black cloud of smoke was moving. It was dancing in all directions and at its center was a dark figure. The cloud swirling around him as if it was his mistress.

  Then the figure pointed towards the Tower of the Guardians and the cloud started to spin wildly with excitement. Then they where gone.

  I stood there in disbelief. What just happened? What has become of my home?

  I scream out "What are you!" and I get no reply.

  "John"

  I turn around quickly to see Bob standing behind me in my field. Only now my field is as it always has been.

  "What is going on here?!" I exclaimed.

  "This is but a dream, John. I have came here to show you what is coming."

  "What do you mean by what's coming? You mean to tell me my village is going to end up looking like that?"

"The entire world is going to end up like that John. The Outsider has awoken and has started wreaking havoc across Myst. It is up to you to stop him."

  "What could I possibly do to stop something like that?"

  "The power is within you, John, all you have to do it let it flow. Come to my tower and I will teach you all I know. Come now, do not waste any time."

  "Wait, can't you stop him? Why do I have to be the one?"

  "There is only one Guardian alive at any given time. When I die the full power will pass to you. I have used up a lot of my energy just by coming to you like this. I cannot succeed in defeating the Outsider's. That job will regretfully be passed down to you."

  Bob started to disappear and with his last word I heard him say "Make haste John, come to my tower."

........................................................................

  I woke up and jumped to my feet. I was looking around at my surroundings to make sure everything was as it should be.

  After seeing that nothing had changed and that my village was still there in the distance I sat back down.

  "What the hell just happened?"

  I'm not one that believes in fairy tales but according to Bob, the tales are true. The Outsider's are real and they are on the move.

  But how can I tell if it was just a dream? How can I be certain? Is there a way to see if Bob is who he says he is? If he is the last guardian then surely there has to be a picture of him somewhere.

  I decided that I would go and get a book from the library that could tell me about the Guardian's and who they are.

  Maybe it can also explain  what in the world that dark cloud was and who the man was that it was swirling around. With that thought I quickened my pace and headed towards the village.

_______________________________________

Thanks for reading! Please remember to vote.