Intro

What is it that pushes people to do incredible things? I have seen some of the most incredible things from people in my time on this planet.

So what makes them do it? Is it their will? Is it their determination? Do they have some other worldly powers that lay dormant until needed?

I think I seen that last one in an old movie once. But still I ask myself this question almost daily, and now, now I am witness to the most spectacular thing I have ever witnessed another Mystierian ever do.

I don't know how to describe what I am seeing. The city around me is in total destruction yet this man, my friend since childhood, is standing toe to toe with the most powerful being on this planet, and he is winning.

To say that I knew he could do such miraculous feats would be a lie. In truth, he was never a fighter at all when we were growing up. Just a simple kid from a simple village on the outskirts of Myst.

Yet something changed. Looking back now I could see it then but I didn't want to admit to it. Something had changed my friend. He was no longer the boy I knew as he surpassed all of us around him in his training.

Then we heard about the Outsiders. A race that has been on our planet for eons. They use to be dormant, so dormant that we all thought they were a fairytale that was passed down from one generation to another. Yet I see their leader not 100 feet away from me now.

My friend pales compared to his height yet he hasn't managed to strike him once. What am I witnessing? Has it become a battle of God's and am I standing here watching the fate of my world unfold before me?

Have the countless bodies I have witnessed being slaughtered by this beast caused some kind of fear to awaken deep within me? Yet, I watch my friend and I see his eyes look at me.

His eyes no longer look like those of my friend. His eyes look like one that has transformed. His eyes tell a story that can not be described with a simple word or phrase.

He has become something more. He has become what was needed. He has become a Guardian of Myst.

_______________________________________

Thanks for reading! Please remember to vote.