Taehyung unlocked the door to the house then flung the door open quite indignantly. He sat on the couch, crossing his legs and folding his arms over his chest.

I sighed, sitting on the couch opposite him. I didn't dare to look up at him, and just kept quiet.

"What, are you mute?" He spoke coldly.

I finally looked up at him and my lips were trembling. "I-I... I don't know," I spoke absentmindedly.

He laughed with no humour, "You don't know? Did you lose your memory after working at the cafe or what?"

I clenched my jaw, feeling intimidated.

"Didn't I tell you not to not even step out of the house without me? You have no idea how dangerous it is out there! You can meet anyone, and look, you met Seojun!" He snapped at me, "You're just gonna end up troubling me!"

I didn't realise tears were forming in my eyes for no apparent reason, but I had the will to debate back. "So what?" I retorted, "Do you think I'm a child? Do you have to overreact?"

"It's because the fact that you're somewhat married to me, I'm forced to care. Do you think I would bother? Not even the slightest!"

I couldn't take it anymore and I could feel my blood rushing up to my head, and I was ready to burst out of anger. "Then stop pretending to care because I take care of myself better than you do," I spoke sternly.

I stood up and was about to get into the room, before Taehyung followed after me and gripped onto my wrist. "I'm not done talking to you," he stared into my eyes intently.

"What's there to talk about? You wanna nag at me more for getting out of the house without permission? You want to kill me for it? You want to--"

"He was the one who gave you the flowers?"

I got silenced by the question.

"Why won't you answer me?" He raised his voice.

Annoyed, I squirmed my hand out of his grip. "Yes, Seojun gave it to me. I lied, okay? You happy now?"

I didn't care if we were supposed to share the room. I rushed into the room first, locked the door and decided to keep it to myself.

Tears started falling, and I didn't exactly know why I felt hurt. I just felt confused, and I needed my own space. He's just a little too paranoid about everything.

I sat on the floor, resting my back against the wall. I hugged my knees closer to my chest, and started crying.

I missed living with my mother.

Why did I even decide to help Taehyung by getting into this marriage? Only then I remembered what Jinyoung had said to me - the fact that I did agreed to help him was because I must've had at least a little feelings left for him.

Is it true? Do I still like him? I obviously don't, or am I just trying to convince myself?

Still being all messed up and confused, I lay on the bed, crying to myself til' I fell asleep.

***

I woke up with swollen eyes and an itchy throat. I turned the tablelamp on, then looked up at the clock on the wall and it was already 8 in the evening. I sniffled, swinging my legs over the edge of the bed and went up to the door.

Should I leave the room, or not?

I couldn't hesitate anymore because I wanted to get something to eat since I was starving, so as quietly as possible, I turned the door knob and peeked outside. It was dark, and only the kitchen light was on. I looked around to check if Taehyung was anywhere near, but I couldn't find him.

I walked further outside, then I realised someone was sleeping on the couch.

"This kid," I muttered under my breath. In the dim light, I saw him hugging himself tightly under the coat he used to blanket himself.

I wanted to turn around and get a blanket for him, but on a second thought, why should I care?

I continued walking towards the kitchen, but my heart felt heavy. I relented, turning around and made my way to the bedroom to get the blanket. I came back out, walking towards Taehyung whom was sleeping soundly on the couch.

I sighed, slowly putting away the coat, then gently covered him with the warm blanket.

I was about to walk away, before a hand grabbed mine, and I flinched in shock.

I looked down at Taehyung, and he was squinting his eyes at me. "Wait..." He said in his raspy voice, tugging my hand so that I would hear him out.

I hesitantly knelt down beside him, and he was still holding onto my hand.

I didn't know he was awake or not, but I only waited for him to continue speaking. "What?" I said.

"I'm sorry," he apologised in a whisper, and my heart melted.

"W-What did you say?"

"I said I'm sorry, you deaf," he repeated. Doesn't sound like a true apology to me, but oh well.

I pursed my lips, "It's nothing."

I forgive people a little too easily.

"Aren't you gonna apologise too?" He questioned me.

"Yahh, what did I do wrong?" I asked and slightly chuckled.

"Everything!" He complained, "You lied all these while."

"I'm leaving," I said and was about to stand up before he squeezed my hand tighter. Honestly my heart wanted to burst at the fact that he was holding my hand.

Gosh Hyejin stay in your lane and continue being mad.

"Apologise," he said, "Or I'm not letting you off."

Then can I not apologise?

"Whatever, sorry," I said ineffortlessly.

"Properly, idiot," he urged me.

"Yah, doesn't taking a blanket for you counted as an apology too?" I questioned him.

"Does the definition of sorry means putting a blanket over someone?"

I rolled my eyes humorously, "Fine, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have lied, alright."

I saw him smile, then he released my hand slowly. "Thanks for the blanket," he said, wrapping the blanket tighter around his body.

I returned the smile to him. I stood up and walked towards the kitchen with a relieved heart.

Sometimes telling the truth won't hurt too much, right?