Chapter 7

"Dad?" Taehyung answered the phone. He only kept silent as he heard his dad spoke on the line. "Um, okay, alright, yes, okay, bye," he hung up the phone, looking uneasy.

"Why did your dad call you?" I asked him.

"Soohyun must've told him she met us," Taehyung said, "My dad's calling us over to have dinner."

"But we just ate cereal for dinner," I said, annoyed.

"Let's just go, dress well," Taehyung said and rushed into his room to get dressed.

I sighed. Taehyung's family is rich. Then I guess, I need to dress all fancy.

I opened up my closet and browsed through the outfits I have, until I saw a blue laced dress that I haven't wore in awhile. I put it on and the dress perfectly fits and stops above my knee.

I'm not that good at caking up my face so I just put a simple make up on with a simple stroke of eyeliner.

"HYEJIN ARE YOU DONE?!"
"ALMOSSTT," I shouted back. Taehyung then barged into my room and I got startled.

"Yah! Kim Taehyung! How many times must I tell you not to-"

"Barge into your room?" he cut my sentence, and chuckled. He walked towards me and scrutinised me from head to toe. "Heol, why are you so pretty."

I gulped and faced the mirror, pretending to fix my make up. There wasn't a need to add blusher on my face because I was already blushing hard.

He sat down on a chair, not far away from my dressing table, staring at me do my make up. I looked at him, and saw him lick his lips.

"Why are you staring at me like that? Byuntae (Pervert)," I said and quickly turned to my mirror.

He looked away, "Your fault for wearing such a dress that flaunts your body figure, idiot."

I raised an eyebrow. This kid is weird. Ignoring him, I quickly finished doing my make up and simply combed my hair before grabbing my handbag and phone.

"Let's go," I said, "But wait, I can't wear my heels."
"Why?" He asked, still sitting on the chair.
"My foot's bandaged," I said.

He thought for awhile, before he went to the shelves where I put my foot wears. He grabbed a pair of slippers, "Use this."

"But your parents will question me about it," I said, worried.

"You can change into the heels when we're there. Use the slippers first," he said. I nodded and took the pair of slippers with me as we headed out of the house.

Walking was hell, the pain from the burnt skin was killing me. I couldn't imagine how worse it will be with heels on. Anyways, we quickly jumped into the car and sped off to my parents in law's place, if I could call them that.

When we finally reached, it was about 8pm. I sighed out of nervousness, not ready to be out of the car.

"Are you okay?" Taehyung asked and turned off the engine after parking the car near a big house.

"I'm just nervous," I said, removing my bandage and tried to put my blue heels on.

"I'll help you out," he said and went out of the car, quickly rushing to my side to open the door for me.

I slowly put a foot out and then the burnt foot after. I tried to take a second step and almost fell down before Taehyung caught me by my arm, "You can't walk this way," he said.

"Then what am I supposed to do? It hurts as hell," I complained, almost crying.

He locked the car and came to me. "Hand," he said. I gave him a puzzled look, but put my hand out anyways.