Chapter 12

Chapter 12
:Hermione

"Granger may I have a word?"

I glanced up and blushed. "Professor!" I shot up and pulled the blanket around me. A flood of heat hit my cheeks as he walked toward me.

He regarded me with a level look. "I don't mean to intrude"

"It's uh-I just didn't hear the door open-"I blushed. I felt thankful that I had cleaned up earlier.

"I had my house elf bring me" he answered as he walked toward me. "Have you taken your tea?"

I made a face and shook my head earning a dark look. "I planned on drinking two cups later before bed" I added as he reached out and touched my forehead.

His fingers cold and smooth, not callused like I would have thought. But I reminded myself that he is a potions teacher after all and can come up with a potion to correct it. "Your warm"

"I was just sitting in front of the fire sir"

He shook his head as he grabbed my arm and ran his thumb over word. "It's fainter"

I nodded. "Doesn't take as much cover up to hide it" I whispered softly.

"A simple glamor would work" he covered the word with his large hands and with a tickle he removed them and it looked normal and as if it was never marred. "There for now"

"Thank you sir"

"About the treasure hunt"  he began. "I have done as you've asked and have taken every 3rd through 7th year into thought for each potion"

I made a face.

"We both know 1-2 year students wouldn't even dare to step into my room willingly. They are all nit wits" his nose wrinkled as he sneered. "They don't even know the tip of their wand to their-"

"Okay sir I get it but if I was able to my first year I would have" I stated softly.

"None are you" he answered firmly. "They don't even know the difference between Wolfsbane and nightshade" he spat causing me to giggle at his distaste.

"Sir if you hate kids to much why did you become a teacher?" I asked curiously.

"After I joined the Death Eaters I regretted it and became a double agent for Albus" he answered. "After the Dark Lords first Fall, Albus have me a spot here and stood up for me after all. It's a safe haven if you will the Ministry of Magic dare not touch me"

"So only for protection?"

"Mainly yes, though seeing student squirm while trying to remember my test questions is amusing or seeing them scurry out of my way" he answered with a wicked smile.

"You are positively evil"

"Do not tell me you don't enjoy how the first years look at you now" he shot back. "Half of them worship you the other half want to stay out of your way"

"They do not worship me" I blushed and made a face at him.

"You are blind"

I made a face and glanced away.

"Have you dreamed?"

I blinked taken aback by the question. Honey popped into mind and I shook my head. I hadn't dreamed of him last night while I slept in Draco's arms. "No" I whispered.

"And your arm?"

"It stings a little like a bruise sir but that's all." I answered.

"That's good if it hurts worst come to me for something to help"