Chapter 5 - HallowQueen

Start from the beginning

"Are you sure?" I asked her, even though it wasn't my place.

"Yes, I'm sure. I'm always sure." Ellie rolled her eyes, turning her attention back to Robin.

Robin hadn't spoken to me since the incident in her bedroom, three weeks ago. I'd found her panting, with beads of sweat running down her face. Her eyes were wide open and distressed—and I'd never seen her so vulnerable before.

I pressed the button to summon the elevator, when I felt someone towering over me. Robin stood beside me, her hair tousled, in her famous messy bun, and her eyes glazed over—stoned of course. I couldn't stop thinking about her, constantly wondering what she could have been dreaming about. It pained me to see her like that, I didn't know why. Ben had asked me what happened between us, but I couldn't bring myself to tell him that I'd walked in on her while she was having night terrors.

Things had been going pretty okay with Ben and me, but he's been really busy. He'd surprise me with dates, and cute gifts—even met a few of my friends but something felt off. I didn't feel like I was getting his full attention. Every day I was starting to understand why things hadn't worked with Sean and me more and more.

Robin wordlessly stepped into the elevator after me, I could feel her eyes roaming over me—over my chest. I knew she was obsessed with my breasts ever since she spilled coffee all over me.

"Are you just going to stand there?" I asked annoyed. "Was it really so bad?"

"It was a pretty shitty thing. No one has ever seen me like that." She said, so quiet I almost missed it. I felt the urge to hug her, or touch her in some way and tell her it's okay, but decided against it.

"I'm not going to tell anyone about it." I tried easing the tension. I glanced up at Robin as she licked her lips, and remembered her telling me we'd kissed. I didn't think anything of it really, I was drunk. She was my boyfriend's sister and although she was stunning, i'd convinced myself I wasn't attracted to her in that way.

But as we stood there on our lonesome in the elevator, I could feel the sexual heat that she exuded. It almost caused me to break out in a sweat.

"Are you okay?" she asked, "You look a little pale." Robin reached out and touched my face, sending shockwaves down my spine. Her eyes were like a pool of velvet, drawing me in, almost drowning me completely.

"I—"

She leaned in and captured my lips; the kiss was soft, and subtle. My hand instinctively reached for her hair, tangling my fingers in the strands as if it was the most natural thing ever. My breathing was strained, I felt as though we were running out of air in the elevator. When her hands reached around my waist, my body responded almost immediately.

The chiming of the elevator brought me back to reality. Reality being—I was making out with my boyfriend's sister in the elevator. Robin pulled away from me, her lips pink and swollen, evidence of what we'd been doing.

"I'm sorry," she said, staying in the elevator.

There were no words to express the jumbled thoughts in my head, so instead of responding, I simply walked off. I got off on the fifth floor, my hot red heels clacking on the floor as I walked towards the photographer's office. I'd worn a sleek, white, body glove dress to work. My hair was pinned up in its usual up-do, and light makeup graced my face.

I was still quite shaken up from my run in with Robin in the elevator but I tried my best not to let it show. My heart was still thudding wildly in my chest, I felt as though I'd faint if it continued.

"David," I walked into his office. He'd had his door removed a few weeks ago, saying that 'no one knocks anyways,".

"My love," he grinned, his pearly whites shining under the office light.