CHAPTER #53- Follow The Movement

The gift that the AOMG guys gave Jin, came in handy. She was working at Cafe Dudart again and they changed location. Then she also rode between Jay's house, the AOMG office and her grandmother's place on a regular basis. Had she been taking a bus or cabbing, it would have been complicated. Once the Calvin Klein photo shoot was published and then the commercials were released, Jin had a few more modelling offers. Jay negotiated on her behalf on two of the three requests and Simon D on the third contract. She had some money saved in her Korean bank account and the rest she split between Jay's house and her grandmother's. At Jay's Jin just made sure the fridge had food. For her grandma's it was more like rent. Her grandmother was doing much better health wise and that was a relief for both Jin and Jay. They often had an evening meal together.

Ian Eastwood requested Jin to help with a dance workshop back in Seattle. It was the first time Jin would be going home, since moving to South Korea permanently. When Ian called Jay regarding details, he had to ask Jin if she'd be okay going back. Jin was thrilled that Ian had even thought about her and so accepted immediately. She would be there a week, teaching hip hop dance techniques and participating in a contemporary freestyle routine.

"Did he really say it like that? Does Ian want me to teach with him?" Jin asked Jay again in disbelief.

"Yeah he said it all right. I guess this will be coming full circle for you... um like you'll be dancing with Ian again, like when I first met you."

Jin nodded, "it'll be so awesome. Feels like ages ago though. So much is different since then... I've changed a lot, even just as a dancer, since he'd first seen me."

"That's true, you're better now, more confident in yourself." Jay agreed, as he worked on writing a new R&B song.

"Two weeks from now... wow, I better get into the studio and start working on my other forms of dance."

Jay nodded, "you can come to the B.W.B dance studio this week, after I'm done working with the Prepix dancers for the new music video."

"Okay cool... you're there on Tuesday and Thursday?" Jin asked and got Jay's head nod as confirmation.

She left him alone after that, because when he was writing lyrics, that was best done on his own. She went to Skype Ian, to find out if he had any more info about the dance workshop. Ian explained what kind of concept the dance would be based on and his choreography ideas. They talked a while longer to sort out details about her arrival and where Jin would be staying, before they disconnected.

"I left you dinner on the stove. You just have to heat it up. Don't forget to eat, while you're working," Jin said. She kissed Jay's cheek and went to get her helmet.

Jay got up and followed, "sorry... it's just I have to get this done. It's been on my mind for days." He hugged her and gave her a real kiss good night. "Ride safe."

"Always, see you tomorrow."

Jin put her helmet on and then was out the door. By the time she started the motorcycle, he was already once again absorbed in his lyrics. Even though this happened again on Monday, Jin took no offence. As long as he responded when she talked to him, that satisfied her. Jay was always working so hard, sometimes his attention was split, but when Jin was around, he tried to take a moment for her. She was busier too, due to modelling and dancing, often Jay asked Simon D to handle her contract details, when he himself wasn't available.

On Tuesday Jin went to the B.W.B dance studio and watched Jay working with the dancers. He was recording their steps, but didn't like something and kept watching the video, over and over. Jin could tell the dancers were getting tired and needed a break, but wouldn't say anything, because they appreciated Jay Park using them in his videos. He paid them well too. Jin had an idea what was needed, but normally didn't interfere. Today, she saw that everyone was getting frustrated and decided to interrupt. Jay was sitting on the floor his back against the wall, watching his laptop.