Dare You to Move - Chapter 5

“Why did you become a foster mom? Why would you allow a child like ME to come into your house? I mean.. I’m nothing special. And I can’t imagine you were sitting on your couch one day and just decided you were bored and wanted to adopt..”

“Brooke..  You ARE something special. You need to realize that. You are beautiful, and funny, and very kind. And I became a foster mom because I wanted to make a difference. I had always wanted to adopt.” She was staring at me in the eyes. I was fighting back tears.

“But why me? There were other people you could adopt. And-“ I paused to take a deep breath before asking the question I had REALLY wanted to ask. “ Do you regret it? Adopting me I mean.”

 “Once I heard about you and what happened, I had no doubts. I was going to adopt you no matter what. I have NO doubts at all. And I never will. Brooke you are the best thing I could have ever asked for.”

I smiled and this time, the smile was very genuine. It felt nice. “Thank you, Vanessa.”

That night

“TOUCHDOWN!!” I cheered in excitement as my school team got a touchdown. There was 60 seconds on the clock. There was no way the other team would score. And even if they did, we were so far ahead they could never win.

“Brittany, we’re gonna win!!!!” I threw my arms around one of my best friends as I heard the pompoms rustling. I cheered with the rest of my cheerleading squad as the buzzer counted down.

5…4…3…2…1…

“GAME OVERRRRRRR!!!!!!”

The crowd went wild and I ran over to the field and into his arms.

“Andrew, you did it!!” I took off his helmet and kissed him. Yup, cheerleading captain and the captain/quarterback of the football team were dating. But that’s just coincidence. I really loved Andrew, and I knew he felt the same.

Andrew kissed me once more, this time more passionately. But something felt wrong. Actually, it didn’t feel wrong. It felt like the most amazing thing in the world. I’ve never felt a kiss like this before. I couldn’t even imagine one like this. I pulled away and looked at his face. This time, it wasn’t Andrew. It was Bently.

--

I shot up in my bed as quickly as possible.

“it was just a dream. It was just a Brooklyn.” Yes, that was my life. Was. Minus the Bently part. I hadn’t thought about Andrew in so long.. we didn’t have the best break up since it was around the time my parents died and I had to be adopted. I wasn’t the nicest to him. And Bently. Where did he come from?!

I sighed and layed back down to try to sleep, but it was useless. All I could see was Bently’s face.  

*The next morning*

I pulled out my textbook. Lame, huh? You would think they would stop giving heavy textbooks and just give us iPads. Much easier. I turned around and saw exactly who I was looking for in just a matter of seconds. I strode to their side and leaned against the locker right next to him.

“hey.” I tried to smile.

“Brooklyn, hey! How are you.” I loved hearing his voice. It sounded so amazing. And I bet he can sing too. Yum. Bently. I stopped. I should probably know his name if I’m going to dream about him..

“I’m great. So.. Want to eat lunch with me today?”

“As long as you don’t spill it all over me like you seem to do pretty often.” He gave me a playful smile.

“Promise.” I laughed. “See you at lunch, Bently.”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i know, i know. you guys probably hate me. i suck at uploading. but im trying to be better. (: and i am soo sorry they are always short. its just this felt like a good place to stop and its 11:19 at night and im barely awake (: soo. pleasee try to help me get more people on this? that would mean soo much and it would make me want to upload moreee! thank you so much for reading my story, and my little notes. it means alot. and feel free to leave a comment or message me. actually, i would prefer that. it would make my day. so please be nice and do that :D