2: American Tune (Captain America)

Start from the beginning

Bucky came through the door holding Mia. "Worried about this one?" He talked to Emily and nodded toward Mia.

Emily looked at Bucky and a smile appeared on her face. "Mia!" She ran up to her black haired blue eyed best friend. Sgt. stood behind them.

"Sgt. left that man with a pretty nasty bite." Bucky said as he petted the dog's head.

The golden lab looked up at him.

Later that day Emily heard Bucky and Steve talking in the living room.

"We need to leave Wyoming, Buck. It's just not safe here anymore." Steve looked down at the ground.

Emily and Sgt. poked their heads around the corner of the room, listening to their convocation. "Leave?" She muttered to Sgt.

"I know she's not going to be happy about it but we have to-" Steve was cut off by Emily.

"Move? Why? I don't want to move! I want to stay here!" Emily felt tears coming down her pale face.

Steve looked at Bucky and asked for help.

Bucky threw up his hands, not knowing what to say.

Steve had to tell his daughter. "I'm sorry sunshine, but we have to say goodbye to Wyoming." Sunshine was Emily's nickname. She really lived up to that name. She was always cheering everyone up. Now a days she was the one who needed cheering up.

The next day everything was packed up for Brooklyn. Steve didn't tell Emily where they were going. She didn't care. She was leaving her best friend. Her friend that was with her 'till the end of the line.

Sorry fangirls. I know you guys get emotional about that line.

Emily stood in front of Mia with tears coming down her face.

"We'll see each other again." Mia smiled.

"But-" Emily couldn't talk she was to upset.

"Here." Mia put a bracelet in Emily's hand. "It's all the animals we've seen here." The bracelet had five charms. An elk, a bear, a horse, a buffalo, and a moose.

"We never saw an elk." Emily looked at her.

"We've seen pictures of elks." Mia laughed. Emily joined.

-

In the car, Emily looked out the window the whole time. She didn't want to read, which was her favorite thing to do beside dance. When she saw the "You are now leaving Wyoming sign" She started to cry again. She has never left the state before.

-

The Rogers and Bucky lived on a military base in Brooklyn. She had many friends, but they all left to live at another base somewhere across the country.

Emily's yellow pieces started to break when she found out that Steve was remarrying.

"What?" She asked as she put down her stuff. She was just coming back from a summer camp with her best friend Danica, who was the only family on base that has never moved.

"I'm marrying Sharon Carter. You've met her." Steve tried to get his daughter to claim down.

"Like once!" Emily yelled. Her blonde curly hair was in a pony tail. She hardly ever took it down, only when she was sad.

-

After the wedding, Steve wasn't the same. He was always happy. Sure Emily was happy for him, but she started to notice she wasn't getting as much attention as she did when she was little. She knew that sounded selfish but she didn't want to lose her dad.

She didn't know Sharon had two boys so Emily now had step brothers. Well she would never call them her brothers and she would never call Sharon her step mother.

When ever Steve looked at Emily he saw his wife, Anne. Her brown curly hair, big brown eyes, bubbly personality. He never told Emily anything about Anne because thinking about her made Steve upset.

Thirteen year old James, Sharon's first born, was annoying. He always pulled pranks on Emily. The two were always fighting. Three year old Joey, Sharon's second child, was cute but Emily always told him "you don't know what's going on half the time so you don't have to worry about nothing."

Emily sat in her room reading Paper Towns by John Green when she heard her a knock on her front door. Bucky, who's room was right next to Emily's, came out at the same time as Emily. He looked through the peep hole and saw Marie Hill.

"Steve it's for you!" He yelled as he walked back to his room.

Emily stood on her toes to look at the woman. Her black hair was in a bun.

Steve opened the door and looked at Marie. "No." He said.

"You don't even know what I was going to ask you." She said.

"I read the email Fury sent everyone." Steve said.

"You got an email?" Emily looked up at her dad.

"Yes I did." Steve turned to Emily. "And my answer is no. She's not doing it." He then turned to Marie.

"Steve-"

"She as in?" Emily cut off Marie.

Steve shook his head at Marie. "She as in you." She answered. Steve gave Marie a look saying "What the He*l!"

"I want to try this unknown thing." Emily said.

"No you really don't." Steve said.

"Why?"

"You'll get hurt."

Emily thought to herself. Emotionally or physically? Because I'm already hurt emotionally.

"Steve, we already have Stark's kids in." Marie Hill said. "We haven't got in touch with the others yet. You know this could save the world."

"Yeah, so could Ultron." Steve gave her a stern look. "But that didn't work out like we thought it would."

"This would be different." She said. "The school starts in two weeks." She gave him a piece of paper.

Emily tried to see the paper.

"Do you want to stop bad people?" Steve asked his daughter.

"And kill them?" Emily shrived at that thought. All of her friends always told her she was too nice to say anything mean to anyone.

"Just stop them." Steve said. "Remember what I told you?" He was talking about his story.

"We don't like bullies." She said. "But we have to stop them."

Steve nodded his head. "Are you sure Emily?"

"Yes sir." She said. She thought to herself maybe things could change.

---------------------------------------

Still when I think about the road we're traveling on

I wonder what went wrong

I can't help but wonder what went wrong.

-----------------------------------

Hey guys! So this chapter is named American Tune. It was made by Paul Simon and arranged by the T Sisters. Also Captain America is in parentheses because that is what the chapter is about. It's kind of like the chapter has two names. Anyway I hope your guy are having a great day! Byeeeeee!