He saw her again

Happiness always sneaks in a door that you did not think was open  -unknown

Zubair's pov cont.

   We entered Mr. Abdulah's house, Zamil was right he looked completely shattered, his eyes were red, he had become lean in 3 days.

     There were many people there,that included quite a few from the masjid. I sat next to uncle and kept my palm on his knees zamil stood quietly next to me.

  I aimed at mitigating his agony by mentioning the reward for peace, reminded him that this life is only transient and that the Hereafter was everlasting... i recited the most consoling line that i felt which was mentioned in the quran :

inna ma'al usri yusra;

verily, with every difficulty there is ease!

uncle raised his head looked at me , and nodded. He probably must have got the same advice the past three days but a constant reminder of Allah's mercy would make him feel better!

   It was a sunnah of the Prophet(Pbuh) to give condolences to the relatives of the dead but not gather and stay there till we become a burden.

  I got up to leave, just then i got a glimpse of her  but i got enough time to study her, it was the first time i had seen her after 7th grade! she had become tall and had the same innocent eyes but this time they were puffy and filled with deep sorrow! i gazed at her intently for a minute, waiting for her to notice me.. but i quickly looked away when i realized  what i was doing!

zeba's pov:

My mother always told me don't cry over spilt milk because Allah has planned something even more beautiful for us than the current loss, so  we must move on and witness that blessing in stock for us, because indeed Allah is the best of planners!

  It had been 2 days since the incident and I was nowhere close to following my mom's advice.... Seeing Abba( dad in Urdu) in such a hopeless state made things even more unbearable!

   I had been crying in the same room all day, I wanted a change of atmosphere so I walked towards the other room where Amina aunty was sitting.

  Halfway towards my destination I noticed someone standing in the hall , at once I figured out who it was... "wait wasn't that Zubair?!!"