Fresh Meat

"You have 3 messages"

She pressed the 'read' button with the index finger of one hand while the other bunched her straight mix brown-orange hair, a hair tie dangling from her mouth.

'Beep'

"Hi there sweetie! Your father and I have landed safely. I unpacked the remaining box while you were asleep. The contents of the box are mainly your toiletries and perfumes. They are in the first drawer to your right."

'Beep' 

"Hi, it's your mother again. When you get to the institute, please bring the cheque I left on the side table."

Her head turned to the white bedside table and immediately saw a rectangular sheet of paper with 'HSBC Taiwan' written on it. She then stared at the phone, waiting for it to speak.

'Beep'

"Hey...it's your pa. Just want to wish you a blessed first day. Remember to not worry what they think of you. We will visit you soon..."

Tzuyu nearly shed a tear hearing her father's words. It was her first time living alone. Not actually alone, but she would be until her room-mate arrives. She was staying in the institutes's dormitory just on the left of The Academy of the Arts, where she was going on her first day.

Checking the wall clock showing that it was 8:30 in the morning, thinking if she should sleep for half an hour more or get ready early so she could grab a quick munch on the way to assembly. Well, her being hungry and fearful for being late, she went on a search for her towel whilst going to the bathroom to take a 10 minute shower.

She came out dripping wet with her toothbrush still in her mouth. Scanning her room to find her crisp, ironed uniform hanging at the doorknob of the closet. She checked the clock that was showing 8:45 and thinking she should take her time was a good idea.

Later, she was dressed in her maroon uniform, her hair actually followed her orders, perfume sprayed at their designated places and everything was right. Until she had to find the cheque that she swore not even laying a finger on it, later on finding it playing hide and seek under the table. With her black leather bag in hand, she exited the cozy dorm with class and confidence. Then she forgot to lock the door. Turning back and locking it then continued her journey to the academy.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Students there were very social people, among their own cliques that is. Pairs and groups walked together towards the institute's gates. Lone rangers were rare. Tzuyu must be the rarest. She actually enjoyed it as nobody had the time to just stare at her being new in this environment, all busy with their juicy gossip about 'is Jisoo with Nayeon'  or  'Mrs Park Bom is leaving the school'. Observation and sharp hearing could help her in keeping up with what was trending here. 

First thing she needed to do was find the principal's office. Time was running out and the idea of finding it for more than an hour was not pleasant. So, deciding to find someone who looks like a fluffy marshmallow to ask him or her where it was. 

Searched at the courtyard, where students were rowdy and loud. Tried in the library, but everyone looked too engrossed in what they were reading. She finally had luck at the basketball court, where a friendly looking teenager, sitting at the nearby staircase, watched two teams compete with each other. She came up to him from the back, lightly tapping her slim fingers onto his broad shoulders. He turned around, a welcoming smile spread on his face.

"Oh hi! May I help you?", he began.

" Yes please. You see, I am a new addition to this school so, do you mind showing me where the principal's office is?" She asked the dark blonde, sitting down beside him.

"Ooh. You're new? Hi," he outstretched his hand, "I'm Minghao. You can call me Ming. Nice to meet you."

Tzuyu accepts the friendly gesture, "Hi, I am Chou Tzuyu. Nice you meet you too"

"So, the principal's office is the dark brown door the same floor as the teachers' room." he informed with hand gestures and stopping suddenly.

"Wait," he started.

"You're a foreigner aren't you?" he asked, pointing towards the wide-eyed Tzuyu. She wanted to say something, but Minghao spoke first.

"How about we talk about this later? You have a principal to meet." He smiled and she nodded, waving her hand goodbye.

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

Mr.Choi, the person who seems very welcoming, gives Tzuyu a slip. She just looked at it, wondering what it is.

"That's an excuse slip. Inform your educator that I made you a teeny-weeny bit late." said the man across the office table, placing the rim of the coffee mug between his lips, then quickly taking it away from them once he discovered it was literally boiling. 

"Well then, I'll just find my way." a smiley Tzuyu chirped. She exited the principal's office when Mr.Choi shouted, "Your class is on the second level!", before the door closed shut.