"I don't mind singing for a pretty lady." He smiled.

I blushed slightly.

"Oh finally I got everything done and here you go." She handed him a piece of paper.

"Let me see!" I snatched it and skimmed over it, while tucking my hair behind my ear. "We have Chemistry-"

"I know." He smirked.

"The class you idiot." I glared at him. "Like I was saying." I looked down at the paper. "We have chemistry, French, lunch, and math together, and your lockers not far from mine." I handed him back the paper.

"Least I know someone in 4 out of my 7 classes I know." He stuck the paper in his pocket.

"Who's the new kid?" The girl behind me whispered. "He's hot."

Zane smirked next to me as he poured a chemical into a beaker.

He was my new lab partner. My other one switched classes. I tapped my pencil against the desk irritated.

"Jealous." He smirked and put the test tube back.

"Barely." I wrote down what I saw.

The beaker was now foaming over. The liquid inside was green and had all sizes of bubbles.

"So you're a little jealous then." He copied what I wrote.

"Not even." I scoffed. "Be lucky I let you be my lab partner."

He leaned over. "To be honest all the people in this class look dumb or to busy gawking over me up pay attention. That's why I chose you." He whispered in my ear.

"Aww you think I'm smart?" I fake cried.

"Smarter than the rest." He sat up to his normal height.

"Thank you. You're not as idiotic as you seem." I tucked a loose strand behind my ear.

"Thank you i think?" He shrugged.

After we were finished we cleaned up properly and then went into the hall to run lines.

He was actually getting better as remembering them. We only used to book when absolutely needed.

"Can I ask you a question?" He ran his fingers through his hair.

"Yeah sure." I looked up from the book.

I forgot a line and I was trying to find it.

"Why don't you allow yourself to love anyone?" He spoke just above a whisper.

I closed the book and stuffed it in my bag.

"That's not something I'm willing to share with you." I stood up. "Telling you that is like telling you my life story and I'm definitely not telling you that." I headed to my locker.

"You act like I'm gonna tell someone. I'm not going to, if that's what you're worried about?" He followed behind me.

"I'm not worried about that. If I tell you you're gonna give me some speech about how I shouldn't let my past affect my future. And how I should give guys a chance because all aren't like that. I don't want that." I opened my locker just to have him close it.

"What if i didn't tell you that?" He kept his hand on my locker.

"You would because it has happened to me before." I looked at him.

"Most people never know what I'm gonna say Roxie. So you won't know until you tell me." He frowned slightly.

"I guess we'll never find out either of them now will we?" I sighed.

He sighed and moved his hand. I opened my locker and put my stuff away.

"Watch it!!" I pushed his foot away before it landed on the lips I had painted.

"Wouldn't it make more sense to pain it on the booth itself?" He laughed and sat next to me.

"Not unless you have money to by another booth next year?" I continued painting the H.

I was almost done I can't afford to have this messed up.

"I can." He remarked.

"Yeah right, you can pay for this? I doubt it." I sat up.

"Don't doubt me woman." He brushed the red paint brush over my cheek. "I'm totally worth more than a dollar. Especially if I'm going to be kissing random chicks." He growled, looking at the sign.

"Everything's free. How did the talk with coach blue go?" I laughed.

He groaned. "He said until I can show him my grades I have to be benched. So I told him I didn't want to be on the team if I'm benched." He crossed his arms. "Nobody wanted to be on that whack football team anyway." He grumbled.

"Maybe you can do basketball?" I chuckled.

"No! I can't stand basketball. Either football or nothing. I'm busy anyway." He rolled his eyes and uncrossed his arms.

"Busy doing what?" I looked at him funny.

"My band, school, this carnival, helping you rehearse your lines. All that jizz." He smiled slightly.

"Jizz?" I laughed.

He splattered paint on me. I gasped and did the same to him. Before anyone noticed we were dumping paint on each other away from the sign. Someone came to hang it when we were talking. Thank goodness for that.

"No!" I yelled as he dumped green paint on me. "Ok ok I give I give." I dropped the bucket.

It splattered on our legs. He pulled me in to him and wiped the face from my face.

"Kiss me and I'll forgive you." He smirked.

"In your dreams." I pulled away. "I can't go home covered in paint.

"I got you." He tapped me on the noise.

This should be good.

He dragged me to his car.

I gawked at the huge mansion like house in front of me.

"What shocked?" He looked at me.

"Little bit." I looked back at him.

"Told you I could afford it." He got out the car.

________

He's officially a student. :D Grant Gustin as Marcus James.

~Dejah