Full moon

Chapter 8

Cherry’s POV

                I wore my masquerade ball dress just without the mask. I straightened my hair and put on purple eye shadow and pink sparkly lip gloss.

                I walked out of the bathroom and into the bedroom to find Darren dressed. I waited by the bedroom door as Darren combed his hair back. When he was done he came over to me grabbed my hand and we walk through the halls of the palace. Darren stopped in front of huge, wooden double doors.

                “Are you ready to meet our kingdom as their princess?” Darren asked.

                “As ready as I’ll ever be.” I signed.

                Darren pushed the doors open and we walked into the massive ball room with chandeliers lit and hang from the ceiling. Everyone stopped to look at us as we walked in. I’m going to take awhile to get used to being the center of attention. Everyone bowed their heads and said, “Welcome Prince and Princess.”

                “Thank you! Please enjoy the gala!” Darren said and everyone went back to what they were doing, “you should get used to it. Come, my dad wishes to meet you.”

                “What? I’m meeting dad? Where has he been since the ball?” I whisper yelled.

                “Sweetheart, you need to be properly introduced to my dad. You saw him at the ball but you didn’t exactly introduce yourself. And as for where he’s been, he went to the vampire King in England to take care of some business.”

                “Oh… okay.”

                Why does he make it sound so boring? Oh, right. Because it is boring! I really think being Queen of all vampires is a bad idea. I mean I am more for having fun or being lazy, NOT doing all that work. I was pulled from my thoughts when Darren said, “Dad meet my beautiful mate, Cherry.” Crap! It begins.

                “It’s nice to finally meet you. I’m Darren’s father, Damian. I hope my wife, Claire, didn’t torture you too much.” Damian said pulling me to his chest, earning a warning growl from Darren.

                I giggled a little at his possessiveness before I replied, “No, I was okay. I’m still here, so it wasn’t too bad.”

                Darren introduced me to a lot of people, mostly the royal families from other countries. I danced to most of the songs with the girls I meet. We were having fun then Darren come over and said, “May I have the next dance, sweetheart?”

                I saw people lining up girls in one row as boy in the other facing each other. We took the back of the line and a slow song came on and we did an old ball dance. I didn’t know the dance, so I just had to follow Darren’s lead. We danced for about five minutes before the song ended and couples disappeared. Darren grabbed my hand and led me outside.

 We walked through the forest till we arrived at a big pond. The full moon sparkled on the still water of the pond. We walked to the edge of the water were we took our shoes off and started walking around the edge, hand in hand. The tip of Darren’s pants and my dress were getting wet as we walked. It was silent for a few minutes before I finally spoke, “When will the werewolf genes take effect? Will there be any signs to tell me when it will come?”

“I don’t know to be honest. It depends on the wolf, when their first shift will be. Why do you ask?” Darren replied.

“I was just asking. Jeesh! Does it hurt when you shift? How do you shift back to human? Do I get an inner wolf thing? Does the inner wolf thing talk to you in your head?”

“Slow down, sweetheart. It hurts the first time unless you black out, the rest of the time you don’t feel anything. You imagine your human form the first few time, but soon it becomes instinct. Yes you will have an inner wolf that talks to you. She will sound like a voice in your head. Why so many questions? Are you scared to be a werewolf?”

“Hell yes! I don’t know what to expect! Is it possible to die from the shift or something?!”

“No. sweetheart, cool down. I will be there for you when it happens no matter what. Stay close by and nothing will happen without me knowing if you are close to me.”

“Okay… I will try to calm down. Thanks for the support. We should be head back home.”

“Fine… I like it out here, but if you want we can go back. The gala should be over now, so it should be just you and me.”

We walked to our shoes to pick them up before walking towards home. We were almost home when a pain shot through me. It was so agonizing. I fell to my knees in pain. I heard Darren yelling what’s wrong or where does it hurt, before everything went black.

I felt something lick the side of my face causing me to wake up to a sore body. Darren was looking down at me in his wolf, as I began to look at myself. I had paws, muzzle, and a tail with white fur all over my body from what I could see. I jerked my head to look Darren in the eyes and yelled in my head and whimpered out loud, What is going on?!

Sweetheart, you are a werewolf. I know you might be a little scared, but it’s okay. Your wolf is very beautiful. Your pure white with blue eyes. Darren’s voice came into my head.

What?! How can I hear you in my head?!

Oh! Sorry, we are mates so we have a special mind link. We can talk to any wolf we want because we are of royalty. You have my blood, so that’s why you can too.

Okay… Now how about a game of chase!

Before I finished my sentence I took off running to my right back towards the pond. I could hear the thumbing of Darren’s paws hitting the ground and his deep breaths. It felt great to just run and play with Darren for awhile. Darren came out of nowhere and jumped on top of me. He pinned me down to the ground and nuzzled my neck. When he pulled back I let a whimper except my mouth.

We run back home and headed straight to our room. When we entered our room Darren shut the doors to the bedroom and changed into human form. He was strangely dressed unlike what I have always heard. He told me what to do so that I could turn into human form. I did as I was told and closed my eyes, when I opened my eyes I was human again and dressed in my dress. Darren stripped down to his boxers throwing his clothes into the dirty clothes hamper. I caught his shirt and stripped down to only my underwear and put on his shirt, fully aware of Darren ogling me from the bed and making me blush. I crawled under the covers and cuddled up to Darren feeling the pleasurable shocks.

“Wolfy, can you stop staring? You’re making me blush and feel self conscious.” I whispered into his chest.

“Sorry, sweetheart. But you need to know you make it hard not to being so sexy.” He replied seductively at the last sentence.

I lift my head up to look at him and Whispered his name, mean while my blush has darken. He smiled down at me lovingly before bringing his lips to mine. It was a gentle and passionate kiss to show his love for me. He pulled away just a few centimeters and said, “I love you, Cherry. More than any words could describe.”

I buried my head into his chest to hide my blush and said, “I love you too, Darren.”

Darren and I talked about each other’s beautiful wolves and childhood memories, even some embarrassing ones. Darren was so cute when he was a little boy and he did some weird things. One time he ran around the entire palace in nothing but his underwear because he lost a bet with Prince Wilson and Richard. After that we let darkness take over as we cuddled.