Pregnant and at War

Chapter 20

Cherry's POV
It's July 24th. We have had small battles here and there but not the real war yet. Our people are dying and it's making me made. I hate king Luke. He bring nothing but pain.

"Cherry! I got it!" Ashley said running in with Taylor behind her.

"Okay" I replied taking it from her hand and getting off the bed and went tote bathroom.

Three minutes later I walked out staring them in the eyes are the words left my mouth. They got all excited and an shocked at the same time. They agreed to leave me alone with Darren for the rest of the day.

Darren's POV
Ashley came in and dragged everyone out leaving me and Cherry alone in the castle. Cherry was looking around my office nervously. This made me curious about what's making her nervous around me.

"Sweet heart, what's on your mind? You have me blocked." I asked

"Ummmm well nothing to bad. We should go eat lunch. You must be hungry." She replied with a shaky voice.

We walked in awkward silence to the kitchen, which I didn't like. I decide to make lunch while she was looking to floor biting her lip, like she does when she's thinking hard on something.

I boiled some water to make hard boiled eggs. As that was going I start boiling water for mashed potatoes. The water started to boil so I put he eggs and egg thermometer into the boiling water. I then placed the mashed potatoes flakes in the other pot of boiling water.

Ten minutes later the eggs were ready so I placed them in a bowl of cold water. After a couple minutes I crushed the eggs and mixed them with mayo. I placed them on four slices off bread and place four more slice on top of them. I put two sandwiches on a plate and turn of the stove and put some mashed potatoes on each.

I placed a plate in front of her and sat next to her with mine. I tried starting conversations but they always fell flat. She was nervous and silent. When she did reply it was small whispers that a human would barely get. I gave up on talking to her. I have never seen her so nervous that it's making me worried.

She gabbed my plate when we both finished washed them. She turn and around and headed to the garden in the back. I followed her to the pond where she sat down in fetal position on the grass. She stared at the water as the wind gentle blow making waves. I sat behind her and placed her in my lap with my arms around her waist.

"Sweetheart, what's wrong? Your so nervous and I want to help but need to know what's upsetting you so I can help." I whispered softly in her ears.

She was silent for a couple minutes, making me believe she wasn't going to answer me. I went to say something else when she spoke the two words I wasn't expecting. She whispered it so at first I thought I was hearing things but I wasn't.

"I'm pregnant." She repeated.

I was in shock for a second until I remember our honeymoon. That's when it made sense. She started to get up but I pulled her to my chest. I said softly, "I hope it a boy. I want the girl second, so our son can protect her."

"Huh? Your not upset?" She asked look my in the eyes with her big sad puppy dog eyes.

"Why would I be upset?" I was so confused.

"We are at war and I'm pregnant. I'll be an emotional reck and you'll be fighting a war. I thought you'd be upset that I got pregnant while we were at war."

"Of course not, Sweetheart. Come on. Let call the Doctor. He can check on you and tell us what we need to do to keep that baby healthy." I picked her up and carried her to the house.

I laid her in out bed and called our personal doctor. He said he'd be here tomorrow morning. Then my next call was to Ashley that I knew and to bring everyone back.

An hour later Ashley with Wilson, Richard, Jake, Joey, and Alexander not far behind. Ashley sat at the edge of the bed next to Cherry. The guys just stood clueless to the situation.

Ashley squealed, "I'm so happy! I can't wait to see if it a boy or girl!"

That's when it clicked in there head and in sync they yelled, "WHAT?" With shocked faces.

We calmed the guys down and began to watch movies till Cherry fell asleep and to much protest they left. I turned of the TV and pulled Cherry close. I saw her hands on her stomach as to protect our growing child. Laying next to her I gentle place my hands on her as sleep took me.