I Want Him Back... - Part 15 [FINAL INSTALLMENT]

[Thanks for reading thus far folks! Also, Big thanks for the comments and fannage! Hopefully, I will carry on again soonish! ^_^]

Belinda was keyed up. She knew what she had to do. Jack was standing by her, helping her in every way he could. Maggie had been learning the incantations, the different protection spells, anything that would make it easier. And Gina...Gina had stopped fighting. She was going to let Belinda get Keith, was allowing her a measure of trust. It was gratifying to know that she had earned that trust.

"Hey, you still visiting your mum this week?" Jack asked, his voice gentle. He had been a constant source of support and she was glad to be able to lean on him. He made everything easier and he still had that calming aura to him. She still always felt safe. "Because I can come with, if you want."

"Oh, sure," Belinda said, trying to make it less of a big deal. This could be the last time she saw her, the last time she ever said goodbye. Not that her mum would care but...she still had to say goodbye. Even thinking about leaving her made her anxious again, something in her stomach eating away at it.

"I mean," Jack emphasised, "that I could walk you there and then we can both go back to Keith's and get going. You know, to save time. We don't know how long we'll be there, do we?"

Keith, Belinda thought, intense longing breaking in overwhelming waves. She found it hard to believe that she would finally get to see him, that she would finally be able to touch him. She missed him more as the days counting down to Saturday grew less. It was like her body could tell she was going to him, like it knew she needed him more than air. The longing was almost too much for her most of the time.

"Yeah, you're right," Belinda said, trying to keep the impatience out of her voice. But Jack always seemed to know what she was feeling, like he was part of her. He smiled and hugged her briefly, before heading home and leaving her with Maggie.

"It's not that long, Belinda, honest."

"I know, I know, but...I really wish the week was over already! I need to see him, it's like he's been gone years. Will he look the same? Will he sound the same? Has he suffered a lot? The questions don't stop Mags. I need to know he's okay, really okay."

* * *

"I don't know how long I'll be gone mum," Belinda explained patiently, trying to get through to her. "And...I'll try keep in touch but...I can't guarantee that I will. I don't even know if you're listening..."

Belinda left about twenty minutes later, looking at her mum sadly, half wishing she would wake up, half dreading that she would. If she woke up, it would be a dream come true - her mum would definitely be well! But then again if she did...there was always the chance that Belinda would use it as an excuse to stay. Nobody would blame her but...she would always know that she could have brought Keith out sooner.

But Lizzie didn't wake up and soon Jack and Belinda were back at the James' house, listening to Maggie chant. Belinda clung tightly to Jack's hand, her nails digging into it a little. He gave hers a gentle squeeze back just before the portal opened and then Maggie was urging them forwards with her eyes. Jack was taking bold steps and Belinda had sudden fears of not coming back - of being stuck there like Keith.

But then she was through, into another dimension and there was no turning back.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OMG, This was SOO much fun to write. Imma gonna take a bit of a break methinks, since my sister's will be starting school and I've gotta get ready for uni...but! I'll be back before you know it! hopefully continuing this...hope it was good reading! ^_^