Introduction ❤️

"Kelsey I'm not going to be away for that long if you really think about it" I yawned into my phone as I lazily rolled out of bed grabbing my towel, and heading for the bathroom. "I know I know, but once you get back from camp we only have a month before we leave for collage" my friend replied through the phone, the sleepiness being clear knowing I had woken her with my 5:30am phone call, "anyway, I'm about to have a shower and get ready, I'll text you when I get to camp, it's sh.it that you can't come straight straight away" I hear a loud cough through the phone "I'll be better before you know it, but scope out some cute boys for me, for when I get there, I'm going back to sleep now, love you" I giggle at what she said and end the call before getting in the steaming shower.

Today was orientation day at camp and I was both excited and nervous for camp, now that Kels and I weren't facing camp together meant I was out on my own. My skin had finally returned to a less redder state now showing off my slight olive tanned skin, I decided on wearing my denim shorts with my favourite basketball singlet. I lazily put my hair into a high pony tail, swiping my mascara wand over my lashes before shoving the final things into my suitcase as I hear my mothers ignorant yell probably waking up all of my siblings "Zara get your a.ss down here now we have to go!" I roll my eyes, grabbing my suit case and walking down stairs.

I cringe at the fact that Kelsey and I had chosen a camp located 5 hours away from my home town, we had been driving for 3 hours and so far it felt like we were in the middle of no where, the lack of cellphone reception was making me nervous aswell as my mums cheery singing to the radio in the drivers seat agitating me to the point where I'd rather get out and walk to camp. "Zara, you've grown up so fast and I can't believe that your going to collage in a couple of months" my mum begins to tear up and a lump forms in my throat "mum you know I'll come visit you every couple of weeks right?" My mum wipes her eyes "yes I know sweetie, it's just that your my oldest and first baby leaving me and I'm going to miss you" I so sigh agreeing with mum before I turn up the music and let myself recover from the conversation that brought tears to my eyes. I had grown up so fast and the feeling of becoming an adult was starting to hit me like a bus, I was going to need to pay bills, get a part time job, go to collage, meet new friends, basically creating a new life scared the h.ell out of me and I was hoping that camp would be an escape from this feeling of angst.

I wake up two hours later, just as my mum is pulling down a gravely dusty road with an old rustic sign reading "Hamilton's Summer Holiday Camp" this is it, the last 4 months of counting down the days has come, the road stretches around a beautiful lake that shines from the sun, I can't help but look out my side window smiling like an idiot, my phone sounds with Kelsey's text tone, "hey Z. Well according to my calculations you should be at camp! I'm feeling a bit better, watching re-runs of friends will cure me by the end of the week, send me photos of the place when you get a chance, I envy your sassy a.ss! ;)" a second after I finish reading a photo pops up from the same person, a smile at the fact that my bestfriend had drawn a smiley face on her tissue box with my name at the bottom as she is watching friends. I type a quick response before my mum pulls up to the hut labeled the office.

"Ready Chicky?" My mum looks over to me smiling at the large grin planted on my face. "I can't wait". Excitement was shooting through my veins, I loved doing new things that involved meeting new people, although it was Kelsey's choice that we went to a co ed camp I was rather impressed with the talent that presented itself, my mum leading the way into camp as I watch a tall, lanky yet attractive guy who looked a little older than myself walking up from the lake, he held a small floating ring, I kept my eyes on his soft movements as I soon seen a little girl following in his foot steps, her little blonde curls bouncing as she looks up at the cute boy in amusement. I turn to notice my mums disappeared into the office already, leaving me on the decking by myself. "Hey" I hear an amazing British accent speak, I look around frantically wanting to know who was talking to me, I turn only to set my eyes on the same boy who I was watching only seconds ago, this time he had the young girl sitting on his shoulders, "oh hey, sorry I didn't realise you were there" I say, trying to play it off cool. He grins in disbelief, "I'm Harry", I bite my lip "Zara" I say extending my arm to shake his hand, "and who's this wee cutie?" I ask looking at the young girl who looked around the age of 3 "I'm willow" I hear a small confident voice from the small gourgous girl, I smile at how much she reminded me of my little sister back home, "so are you here for the 8 week course?" Harry speaks again in that charming British voice of his "yeah I am, you too?" I ask, the curiosity getting the best of me, he laughs making me second guess my question, "nah I'm an instructor," he grins at my shocked facial expression "how old are you?" I ask feeling a touch nosey, "19, yourself?" "18, just graduated high school" this guy seems so genuine and which makes me feel happy to have made a friend already, "catch ya around Zara", he says my name in my accent attempting to mock me, I roll my eyes and chuckle, as I enter the office.

After 20 minutes of my mum filling in the last of the paper work I was set to take on my 2 month course, "text me every day, and send me photos too, I'm going to miss you so much! now remember if you need anything sent just let me know, sweets, shampoo or conditioner" she covers her mouth as in to whisper "or lady products? Just give me a yell yeah?" I feel my face go bright red as the office lady as I've learnt to be Eleanor giggles with a sympathetic smile,  "yes mum I'll be okay! I love you and don't miss me too much, I'll see you in 8 weeks" after we finish unloading my bags, my mum leaves after a few tears. "So!  Would you like to meet your group and cabin?" I smile nodding my head. Eleanor loads my bags onto the gold cart trailer and drives us through a small amount of trees were a large settling of cabins sit, she doesn't speak much knowing that I'm still a bit raw from saying goodbye to my mum less than 5 minutes ago, she lets me know that considering I was 18 I was in a cabin with both boys and girls, although there was a boys and girls room to the cabin so this fact didn't bother me at all, if anything it made me relax knowing that having boys in the cabin would make it a less bit.chy situation. I step into the cabin with 5 sets of eyes looking at me, everyone welcoming me with friendly smiles and introducing themselves, I breath a sigh of relief that there's an equal amount of girls to boys, the boys all introduce themselves first, Corbin, Ashton and Nick, the girls then introducing them selfs as Eliza and Jaymii, I already feel comfortable around this small group of people.

Hey guys, I hope you like the introduction of my first chapter of this story. Just so you all know this is my first ever book on wattpad so go easy on the hate please!
To answer any questions you may have..
Zara's mum is a reasonably young mum, I'd say 39 ish, meaning she had Zara at 21.
Zara and Kelsey are bestfriends and have been since middle school.
Eleanor is in her late 20s, her daughter is Willow (just incase you thought she was some random kid) Eleanor and her husband(still to be introduced) own and run the summer camp.
I will be making a sketch of most important things in the story, including, Zara's cabin, the summer camp as a whole and any other inside rooms that will be constantly used in my story.
I'll also post some pictures of who I picture my characters as, I'll also list he names so if any creative people out there wanna create some cool photos feel free!
Please keep reading for more X
Voting will make me update faster too btw