And the Wish Conceives Another

"Should I congratulate you now or later?" Hammer asks me coolly. I know she's freaking out though.

She's breathing ten times faster than me.

And I'm having a stinkin' baby too.

Yep.

A baby.

After one and a half years of being married to my sweet, sweet Earl.

"I guess when it pops out," I chuckle, gasping in pain soon after and strangling Hammer's hand.

Hammer turns away to make a pain of pain and I giggle at her.

She's always been there for me.

I wish Earl could be here now.

But he's busy trying to file the divorce papers.

AND NO, IT'S NOT WHAT YOU'RE THINKING!!!!

Actually, Earl had been forced into a marriage when he was much younger, and though he and his...spouse...never met before or after their wedding, he still wants to be with me.

Completely.

The feeling of Hammer's hard hand pulls me away from my thoughts. I look up and for some reason she looks likes she's going to freak out.

Such a worrywart.

The doctors are just generalizing too much.

I am going to make it.

"Stay with me, Sparrow," she orders, her mouth wavering. "I need you to focus on me."

Laughing, I roll my eyes at her, dismissing her worry. I know that's rude, but it's my own way of assuring her that I'll be fine. She seems to have classified me as a rebel, or a stubborn ass, one who wouldn't listen to others even if their lives depended on it. By refusing to do what she asks, I do the opposite, in this chase focus on anything but her. This will make her believe that I am still myself and not a dying corpse whose spirit is wavering in and out, and then finally gone.

I'm too stubborn to die, is what I'm getting at.

Plus those doctors are wrong.

I'm healthy.

My baby's healthy.

I'm strong.

My baby is strong.

And the biggest point against the stupid doctors; they read off the wrong patient's chart. Apparently the nickname Sparrow is very similar to Ava.

And to there's the blonde.

My sister-in-law, Earlissa, says I've got hips wide enough for it, and jeez did she keep going on about things such as that, right after the honeymoon too. Eventually she was trying to brainwash me into getting a child. Literally. Got a gold watch and everything, tried all the tricks in the books.

I guess I do have a breaking point.

Who'd thunk that I'd have a child of my own?

My lucks turning around, eh?

"Sparrow, now don't you freak out now, you hear?" Mrs. Johnson begins, alerting me that no matter what, this is a freaking out situation. "But the baby's coming out now, so push."

ALREADY?!

🌺😇🌺

Why in the light am I so damn lucky? I shouldn't have all this luck to myself, that'd be greedy. Why did I ever say I had none? Why would I if I have a bundle of pure luck and joy in my arms right now?

Why am I crying so much is the real question actually....

Aw, I need to cry again.

I'm too lucky.

I'm too lucky to be a mother.

I don't deserve little Elizabeth.

Little, sweet and gentle Elizabeth.

DAMMIT I'M CRYING AGAIN!

But it's just so sweet!

"I think we need more tissues," Mrs. J informs Earlissa. My sister-in-law smiles as she turns to look at me and then to the bloody form in my weary arms. "I'm already on it, dear," she says, skipping off.

I swear, she's both a respectable adult and a devious child at the same time.

I feel Hammer's heavy weight of her arm on me and look up into the beautiful ocean trapped in her smiling eyes. "Well done," she says, tearing up. "You made a beautiful creation and lived to tell the tale.

She does know I wasn't going to die, right?

And I'm most certainly am not going to go into the specifics about creating Elizabeth.

Not ever.

"Yeah," I say back with a soft smile.

Just then the door of my house, the Monster Manner, or Manison, don't really care or know why someone would name a house, a ship I get, but a house? At least it's not named after the owner, now that would be both stupid and I creative.

But anyways, here I am, holding my little Elizabeth, and Earl comes in, red faced and wheezing.

Hilarious, I may add.

And sweet.

Just like my husband.

Just like my daughter.

Earl stands up when he sees me wave and rushes over to my side.

"Girl or boy?" he asks, still out of breath.

"I'll let you guess," I begin. "Elizabeth."

Earl and I decided for the baby to be call Edwin for a boy and Elizabeth for a girl.

Earl slowly and carefully takes the chunk of meat (I just had too) and cradles it back and forth, bring her slowly to lips and kissing her on the forehead.

"My little angel," he says, looking into the baby's big cloudy blue eyes. "My little Elizabeth."

And thank the light Earlissa came back with the tissues just now, or else everyone in the room would've drowned in my tears and choked on my gooey snot.

Yuck.

Earl looks at me and then to Mrs. Johnson, silently asking if I'm supposed to be crying a river in our own house.

"It's a thing," she replies with a shrug. "Even more so for Dumpling."

Earl smiles, lightly kissing me on the lips before he hands back Elizabeth.

He steps backwards and my heart sinks.

"Not done yet?" I ask, my sinking heart now being shattered as he nods.

"I'm so close, darling. Don't worry about it. Just take care of our little girl while I'm gone. I'll be back soon, I promise."

I nod to him, a weak smile plastered on my face. "Go on then, dear. I'll be here waiting for you when you're done. Elizabeth too."

But that may not be the truth.

Because I have to go to the Crucible next month.